Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Electrical & Instruments > Hooking up front blinkers in my 73...car has 74 wiring

Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Hooking up front blinkers in my 73...car has 74 wiring  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: 06-08-2012 11:59 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
chiromaster

I went to hook up the turn signals on my 73 and noticed the plug on the car has 3 wires and the blinker has 2 wires. I know the PO changed the harness to one out of a 74. Before I head to the garage to figure it out I thought I would ask if anyone has been here before and can help.

Thanks

Nels

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 06-09-2012 03:03 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Art DeKneef

That's interesting. I checked here and the two wiring harnesses I have do not have any three prong connectors. They both have two prong connectors that the turn signal wires plug into. And that matches the notes for the car I'm working on now.

It also doesn't look like it matches the wiring diagram I have for the JH. I'll look at it again in the morning to make sure I'm seeing everything right.

When you say blinker, you do mean the turn signal in the front bumper? What colors are the wires you have there? I can compare to what I have here.

Art

Posted: 06-09-2012 03:27 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
chiromaster

The blinker on the bumper has a green and a red wire. The car side has three: red, black and green with red stripe.

Posted: 06-09-2012 01:21 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Brett Gibson JH5 20497

get your tester out and see which wires have power, the black wire should be ground, probably because the blinker is bolted to the bumper it gets its ground from there so the wire is not being used, therfore two wires, one should be for running lights, turn your lights on and see which one has power and the other wire should be for the actual "blinking" just make sure the blinking wire goes to the brighter side of the bulb.

Brett

Posted: 06-09-2012 04:35 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
Art DeKneef

Well I checked again and looked further and I don't have anything like what you show. The notes I have show the blinker red wire going to a red wire in the harness and the green wire going to a green with white stripe. Both sides are the same and each end has a two wire connector.

Most of the wire connections are via those black snap connectors. What is closest to what you have is a 2-wire snap connector with the two red wires and the green/red stripe. No black.

I agree with Brett. Time to trace wires and think about new connectors.

Art

Current time is 12:30 pm  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Electrical & Instruments > Hooking up front blinkers in my 73...car has 74 wiring Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems