Home 
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Engine & Transmission > Missing belt - what's this accessory?

Moderated by: Greg Fletcher  
AuthorPost
pearst

Sorry for the newbie question. New to Jensens.

Attachment: missing belt.jpg (Downloaded 89 times)

Art DeKneef

If this is a later JH it could be part of the air pump assembly. It looks similar to what I had on the Jensen GT parts car I had.

Art

pearst

Yep. 1975. Not needed to operate then?

Art DeKneef

I have no personal experience with that yet. Maybe in a couple of months when I finish cleaning up the new JH I got and transfer the Jensen GT engine to the car and get it running.

If I remember right there area few here who still have it on their car and there are some that don't. Hopefully they will comment.

Does the car run now without the belt? How well does it run? I know it was part of the smog requirements for that time of the year.

pearst

Car runs *pretty* good. A little rough when cold and also hesitates a bit under harder acceleration. It may just need a tune up, which I plan to do.

It is the air pump, thanks for help identifying. For now, I won't seek replacing the belt. May try it later if tune up does not solve the acceleration issue.

For now, going to concentrate on stopping rather than going. Replacing brake hoses, pads and perhaps rotors.

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems