Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Engine & Transmission > toyota 5 speed conversion jig extension results

Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
toyota 5 speed conversion jig extension results  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: 04-03-2012 02:17 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
dschiri1

Pic of finished extension.

Attachment: photo 1.JPG (Downloaded 158 times)

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 04-03-2012 05:48 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Dakota123

Nice! Are you making these for others (for a fee)? I'm getting close to starting this same project.

Mike

Posted: 04-04-2012 01:22 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Jensen Healey
Super Moderator

Ha Ha! Selling anything involves the IRS. You would need a business license, federal tax I.D., liability insurance, book keeper, accoutant, etc.

Then you'd have to collect state tax and send it in in a timely manner.

You would save money by building these and give them away under an assumed name.

Sorry, but being a small or hobby business is not for the faint of heart.

Kurt

Posted: 04-04-2012 03:23 am
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
jcdean

...or he could supply a parts listing that you would collect and mail to him. Then he would Tig them up and there would just be a fee for labor.

Posted: 04-04-2012 04:06 am
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
Dakota123

jcdean wrote: ...or he could supply a parts listing that you would collect and mail to him. Then he would Tig them up and there would just be a fee for labor.

That's more along the lines of what I was thinking...  I have the trans and can do this myself, just wondered if since the jig was made the poster planned to offer services to others.

As to owning a business, I've owned a couple, small and not so small (my wife also), plusses and minuses just like anything else.

Mike

Posted: 04-06-2012 12:08 am
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
dschiri1

HA I would consider it after I get my JH back on the road. Maybe in a year or two. Actually it was easy to do. the jig is the secret. bolt down the case. Then put it on its side and cut it in half on a band saw at an angle. Unbolt lower section and bolt it to the threaded holes 1 " down. Splice in the pieces of Aluminum . There really isn't a part list I just used some aluminum.

Posted: 04-06-2012 12:14 am
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
dschiri1

I have also built a 14 ga stainless steel gas tank. That's sweet. It uses all the original parts off of old gas tank (sending unit, vent, drain plug) I'll never worry about rust again.

Posted: 04-06-2012 03:37 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
Dakota123

dschiri1 wrote: HA I would consider it after I get my JH back on the road. Maybe in a year or two. Actually it was easy to do. the jig is the secret. bolt down the case. Then put it on its side and cut it in half on a band saw at an angle. Unbolt lower section and bolt it to the threaded holes 1 " down. Splice in the pieces of Aluminum . There really isn't a part list I just used some aluminum.

Easy-peasy!  Thanks for the tip.

Mike

Current time is 01:11 pm  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Engine & Transmission > toyota 5 speed conversion jig extension results Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems