Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Rebuilding GT Oil Pump  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: 03-23-2012 12:30 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
wtberks

I managed to pull on the timing shaft that goes into the auxiliary pump housing and now need to disassemble and reassemble my oil pump.  I have a housing from an earlier car and just found out that it differs from that on my GT in that there is a separate mount for the alternator.  So, I need to fix my old oil pump.  Are there shops in the the So. Cal. area that can do this?

I also bought a remanufactured water pump and found that the attachment for the fan is different on a GT.  So, I need to rebuild that, too.  Does anyone know of a shop that does water pumps?

Thanks,
Bill Berks

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 03-23-2012 02:12 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
dwalls1

I had to replace the auxilliary shaft on 17798, as I remember it was pretty straight forward and I was able to do it with just the J-H manual which has a paucity of pictures. Seems the gasket/spacer on the oil pump gave me some trouble as I tried to second guess the engineers. I do that a lot and have yet to improve anything by it.

Posted: 03-23-2012 03:32 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Jensen Healey
Super Moderator

Hi Bill,

A few SoCal shops are listed in the tech section:

http://www.jensenhealey.com/html/repair.html

Good Luck, Kurt

Posted: 03-23-2012 01:07 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Brett Gibson JH5 20497

Bruce Madden in GA rebuilt my GT style water pump years ago and haven't had any issues (dont fail me now I said that), I'm sure if you give him a call he could do your oil pump as well, he knows JH & GT's extremly well I think he owns over 15 along with a Huffacker car as well. Worth a call

Brett

Current time is 04:25 pm  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Engine & Transmission > Rebuilding GT Oil Pump Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems