Home 
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Electrical & Instruments > Turn Signal/ wiper Switch Clamp Broken

Moderated by: Greg Fletcher  
AuthorPost
Jensen Healey
Super Moderator

I have finally experienced the dreaded broken plastic mounting ring. Being lazy and not wanting to look for my spare I used the magic 5 minute epoxy.

The broken half of the ring is now bonded to the column. Removing the mount screw allows removal of the switch assembly.

5 minute epoxy is heat sensitive so it can easily removed with a heat gun and soft enough when set to carve with a utility knife or chisel.

The steering wheel is back in place and she's ready for next Saturday's cars 'n coffee.

Kurt

DDrake

Thats a good idea .Not too long ago I bought the MG switch from Delta and it is too short !
It is quite functional but it takes getting used to.
I have contemplated extending the arm with the old unit's piece but have not worked up the iniaitive yet

Brett Gibson JH5 20497

If at some point you decide to switch steering wheels from the stock unit then the MG directional stalks will be a better fit.

Brett

Arvin Appelman

I swapped the signal levers from my stock switch to the MG switch. Then changed the steering wheel and wished I had left it alone. If you decide to swap levers, beware of lots of little parts that don't want to stay in place when opened.

Arvin

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems