Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Electrical & Instruments > Turn Signal/ wiper Switch Clamp Broken

Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Turn Signal/ wiper Switch Clamp Broken  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: 02-26-2012 02:20 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Jensen Healey
Super Moderator

I have finally experienced the dreaded broken plastic mounting ring. Being lazy and not wanting to look for my spare I used the magic 5 minute epoxy.

The broken half of the ring is now bonded to the column. Removing the mount screw allows removal of the switch assembly.

5 minute epoxy is heat sensitive so it can easily removed with a heat gun and soft enough when set to carve with a utility knife or chisel.

The steering wheel is back in place and she's ready for next Saturday's cars 'n coffee.

Kurt

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 02-28-2012 11:33 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
DDrake

Thats a good idea .Not too long ago I bought the MG switch from Delta and it is too short !
It is quite functional but it takes getting used to.
I have contemplated extending the arm with the old unit's piece but have not worked up the iniaitive yet

Posted: 02-29-2012 12:44 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Brett Gibson JH5 20497

If at some point you decide to switch steering wheels from the stock unit then the MG directional stalks will be a better fit.

Brett

Posted: 03-04-2012 10:27 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Arvin Appelman

I swapped the signal levers from my stock switch to the MG switch. Then changed the steering wheel and wished I had left it alone. If you decide to swap levers, beware of lots of little parts that don't want to stay in place when opened.

Arvin

Current time is 04:27 am  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Electrical & Instruments > Turn Signal/ wiper Switch Clamp Broken Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems