Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Electrical & Instruments > Fuel, Tach, Temp and Voltage gages (or gauges?) are all dead!

Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Fuel, Tach, Temp and Voltage gages (or gauges?) are all dead!  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: 01-18-2012 06:10 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Somebodystopme!!

I had an issue with my fuel, temp and tach all coming on and off intermittenly and finally they all just died including the volts gage.

All firewall fuses are hot with ignition on. Are there fuses elsewhere that I cant find?

When I pulled the cluster to start tracing wires I found the voltage stabilizer is grounded instead of being hot. I did this with a volt meter and checked several ground and known good hot sources. It showed 12V anytime I put 12v to one side and had the other side in the Battery side single wire of the stabilizer.

When I look at the schematic it traces back to the #1 pin on the Black 5 Pin Inst Panel Connector. That wire is also grounded with the ignition on.

Any ideas?

Last edited on 01-18-2012 06:12 am by Somebodystopme!!

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 01-29-2012 09:07 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Somebodystopme!!

Power line coming into the guage cluster was only reading .2 volts. I ran the wire back and found one that had been burnt once upon a time so I replaced the guage power wire with a standard 12v source and now all is almost well. (tach is giving me funny readings now.)

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

Current time is 01:10 am  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Electrical & Instruments > Fuel, Tach, Temp and Voltage gages (or gauges?) are all dead! Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems