Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Stromberg mixture adjustment  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: 12-13-2011 07:02 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Mason Jones

So I bought the special tool for adjusting the mixture on the Strombergs. But I can’t get it to turn. Is there something that needs to be loosened first? The tool goes in and I can feel the outer part click into the groove to keep the diaphragm from turning. But then the allen wrench part won’t turn. I twisted it pretty hard but I’m afraid to break something.

As a test I tried it on set of spare carbs I have in a box and it turned easily. I read on the Buckeye Triumphs site http://www.buckeyetriumphs.org/technical/Carbs/CarbsI/CarbsI.htm that earlier 175s were not adjustable on the Triumphs. Is it possible the Strombergs on my car are the earlier kind where the mixture is not adjustable? Were those ever fitted to the Jensen-Healeys?

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 12-13-2011 10:42 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Dan (Florida)

Mine went in the trash a while back but I seem to remember a set screw somewhere in the slide that locks the needle in place. maybe in the back of the slide??

Posted: 12-13-2011 11:15 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Frank Schwartz

Well, it seems the needle adjustment is stuck..needs to be disassembled..get a #10 O ring form a car parts store ..actually two of them if you want to fix them both. Also you probably lose all the oil you put in the top of the Strombergs from time to time...check this video   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPzB95-paE4 and you can learn how to fix this problem and so on...I learned to do this from this video and I really benifeted from what I learned.  Try it...it works....

Frank Schwartz

Current time is 02:45 pm  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Carburetors > Stromberg mixture adjustment Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems