New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Clock?  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: 10-14-2011 01:56 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
NickJ

Hello again all,

I just realized that my J-H (15800) does not have a clock. Was this an option or standard equipment?

I have also noticed the different placements of clocks, some on the left side of the glovebox, some on the right and left sides of the steering column, does this reflect the number in the production run or something along those lines?

Can anyone enlighten me, my library is currently lacking Jensen literature and I have already bothered Mr. Calver once this month. :)

Thanks in advance!

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 10-14-2011 01:30 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Brett Gibson JH5 20497

Nick, latter JH's had the clock on the left of the glove box prior to that they were placed on the right of the steering wheel, I'm not to sure if before that they had clocks I have not seen alot of the tupperware interior models to say if they came with them or not.

Brett

Posted: 10-17-2011 07:31 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
frank12873

Hi Guys,

12873 has the clock mounted to the LEFT of the steering column and it looks like it came that way from the factory.

Posted: 10-18-2011 06:02 am
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Mason Jones

I have one of the early "tupperware" models (best description I've heard of that chintzy center console), 11040, and it has the clock to the left of the steering. It does not have wood panel on the glovebox.

Just saw 13753 on ebay and it has the clock to the right of the steering wheel and wood on the front of the glovebox. Also has the metal steering wheel insert (mine has the rubber).

Since mine has none of these later upgrades I've decided to be a purist about it and declare that all these later "improvements" simply tarnish the simplicity of the original 70s plastic esthetic.

Current time is 08:36 pm  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Body & interior stuff > Clock? Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems