Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
GT Electric Windows  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: 09-20-2011 05:26 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Frank Schwartz

Does anyone know the part numbers of the electric window motor assemblies that are in the Jensen GT?  These were made by Chrysler (Mopar) and are not the same as the ones in the Jensen Interceptor.

Thanks for any help.

Frank Schwartz

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 09-21-2011 05:12 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Art DeKneef

Frank,

Phil Anderson and I just went through this a couple of days ago.

The number above what looks like the Chrysler pentagon is 3670119. The pentagon and numbers are the only markings on this motor.

When Phil called Chrysler with the number they replied not a valid number as the number didn't work. I wonder if they could be a European part number?

Art

Posted: 09-21-2011 08:29 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Frank Schwartz

It is most likely a true valid number.  Most Chrysler dealers now use a computer instead of the old books....and their computers do not go back 30 years +.  One has to find a dealer or person who can go back in the old page type parts book and they will find it... I had this with a Chrysler dealer here in town...they got somebody who had the old books and looked up a part for me...

Frank

Posted: 09-21-2011 08:29 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Art DeKneef

Since I had some time and was going by an Dodge dealer that's been around for a long time I thought I would see what I could find out. So I took the GT electric door window to the Parts Dept. and looked for the old guy.

He told me the number 3670119 was a casting number, not a part number. But with a little research through the parts books he had there he thinks the motor is from the 70-73 Chrysler New Yorker, Plymouth Fury, or Dodge Polara or Monaco Station Wagons. It looks like it is the tailgate window motor and the part number is 3670092.

His computer system indicates the part is no longer available from Chrysler and was discontinued in 1995.

So all we need to do now is find some of these cars and get the tailgate window motor. Simple, right?

Art

Posted: 04-21-2014 07:15 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
gmgiltd

Martin Robey has these - they are new old stock and £99 a pop plus shipping. They only have the drivers side (on UK cars) but the gear case can be swapped out with your existing one.
Does anyone have access to any info on how to remove them? It looks as if the door has to come off.
Gordon

Posted: 04-22-2014 12:38 am
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
Art DeKneef

I had a document I typed up and sent to Frank of the notes I took while taking my restoration project apart. A quick look didn't find that doc.

It can be done with the door on the car but I think it will be a lot easier if it is off the car. Since you need to move your arms around a lot trying to get into places to remove the bolts and such.

Art

Current time is 10:36 pm  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Projects > GT Electric Windows Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems