Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Body & interior stuff > Hunting for finisher strip - wood panel lower border, black plastic

Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Hunting for finisher strip - wood panel lower border, black plastic  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: 06-19-2011 03:09 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
cavanbound

Hoping to find someone with a parts car that can sell me the finisher strip below the left-most panel (LHD car) - this is the black plastic "border" that covers the lower lip of the wood panel.  Mine's missing - has been since acquired - but now that I'm installing the Madera Wood, I'd like to finish it off.

Also looking for a correct choke pull knob.

My car is '74, 18082.

Please - keep me from bodging... :)

Thx - Matt

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 06-19-2011 03:48 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Art DeKneef

I think I saw one yesterday while I did inventory of the boxes in the shed. If I understand your request correctly.

But I think you have your part numbers wrong. 92622 is the small chrome strip that goes between the top long dash and the lower left lower left dash with wood that has a couple of switches.

92713 is the lower border black piece that is shaped as an 'L'. That more closely describes what you're looking for.

This is based on my reading of the parts and numbers from one of Delta's old catalogs and the online catalog.

And I think I have the choke knob

Art

Posted: 06-22-2011 12:20 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
cavanbound

Art -

I think you're right, and I'm crossed up on the part numbers - I can't find the 92713 part on the Delta diagram, so I suspect you've got a better reference source (confirmed this on http://www.theymightberacing.com/PartsCatalog/PartsCatalogBrowse.aspx?C=7&A=56)  . 

Your description is spot on.  Do you want to part with the two bits you describe?  $$?

Thx for the reply - much appreciated!

Matt

Posted: 06-22-2011 11:43 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Art DeKneef

Matt,

Try going to http://www.deltamotorsports.com/products/pg11a-steering-column-cowl-heater-andtransmission-controls.html and you will be able to see the part.

Jody's site has the part number listed on the bottom but there is no piece on the diagram to match it to. Yes, the diagrams are lacking in this disconnect. Makes things a little more difficult at times. But usually someone here has the answer.

Send me an email at art.dekneef @ cox.net and we can exchange info.

Art

Posted: 06-24-2011 06:42 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
Dakota123

Timely topic--

Are there different lower dash pieces between the MKI and MKII? The catalog doesn't list a different part number from what I've seen, but my MKI has rather nasty, warped, ill-fitting lower dash pieces where every picture of a MKII I've seen (granted, usually someone showing a Medera Concepts installation) shows, nice, straight, well-fitting lower dash pieces. It looks to me like maybe the outer rim is thinner on the MKII variety?

I haven't seen if there is anything I can do to improve things with what I have yet; just curious.

Mike

Posted: 06-24-2011 07:48 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
Art DeKneef

There appears to be a difference between the cars and parts I have here.

My 73's lower dash looks to be all one piece of thin plastic material. It doesn't appear to have any kind of trim piece. It looks all moulded together.

While the 74 matches the parts diagram more closely, having the wood piece and lower trim. The lower trim piece is roughly 'J' shaped and quite stiff.

What do you mean by improve? I would think the options would be finding another one in good shape or making the piece out of fiberglass.

Art

Posted: 06-24-2011 08:01 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
Dakota123

Interesting. Thanks for confirming.

By improver things I meant attach it more soundly to the upper dash, maybe add reinforcement to the back, so that horizontal lines are parallel and it is plumb, level and square -- I don't know yet as I haven't gotten that far into it.

Mike

Posted: 06-25-2011 05:33 am
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
Frank Schwartz

I've got the knob with the long wire attached...do you have the outer cable and mounting in the panel>

Also you need to post a picture of that part of the panel that is missing...or rather the panel which shows what part is missing...I may have that, too.

Posted: 06-25-2011 01:08 pm
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
cavanbound

Frank-

Thanks for the reply-  I think Art's already got the parts I need shipped out to me under separate cover, but thank you again.  I'll post pix once the dash is complete - so far, just on shipped product alone, I'm happy with the Madera parts and looking forward to getting them in the car.

Posted: 06-25-2011 04:54 pm
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
Frank Schwartz

The Madera parts are nice and I saw a couple of sets of them on some Jensen Healeys at the J2011E event in Lake Placid last week.  I neglected to ask how the piece that covers the instrument area is attached...

Regards

Frank

Posted: 06-28-2011 01:51 pm
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
jgreen

Frank,

The instrument piece fits over the black pod with SIX special screws. It fits tight but only time will tell if it will not delaminate over time and exposure to heat and cold. Some people send the POD to madera and have them install it when they purchase the upgrade.

Current time is 03:51 pm  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Body & interior stuff > Hunting for finisher strip - wood panel lower border, black plastic Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems