Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Body & interior stuff > Complete dash removal for dashpad install

Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Complete dash removal for dashpad install  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: 05-21-2011 03:11 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
cavanbound

I looked through the postings and tech articles, and based on the tech article (http://www.jensenhealey.com/tech/dash/dashcap.html), I'm planning to pull my entire dash to get a proper fit and look for the dashcap I have from Delta.

I've not found any references to how many mounting points I need to pull for the entire dash to come loose (also, do I need to pull all the wiring and the oil pressure connection, or is there enough play in this if the dash is simply pulled loose?

Found this pic of the dash pulled from another JH (http://www.pjsmotorsports.com/?attachment_id=232), but cannot discern mounting points.  I've found the twin screws at right and left of the underside dash - I'm assuming there are other mount points in the mid-section?

Thanks for any pointers.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 05-21-2011 09:35 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Ron Mau

In addition to the mounting points on the right and left, there are three bolts under the dash directly under the top of the dash, one on each end and one in the middle. The gauge cluster should pull out as it is a friction fit on a pin in the middle and two screws in the upper corners of the cluster, They are sometimes rusted in place. You can use a hammer and gently tap it  to work it loose it so it will pull out. Put some anti seize on it before you reinstall it. The oil pressure line will have to be removed. There are two scews the attach the radio console to the dash.
The gauge pod has 2 wiring connections that need to be disconnected. You might need to remove the switch panels on the bottom of the dash along with the glove box. They might come out with the dash I don't recall. I took all the dash and gauges out as I did the Madera wood at the same time. Hope this helps. It sounds like a lot of work but it doesn't take that much time to do.

Ron Mau
Davenport, IA

Posted: 05-21-2011 11:59 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
cavanbound

Ron-
Good advice - my Madera wood will be here in a few days as well, so I'll likely couple the two projects (dashcover/wood fascia).

Thanks again - Matt

Posted: 02-16-2012 12:45 am
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Besecker

Guys:

Any advice on what tool to use to reach the 8mm nuts that secures the dash over the steering wheel.  I'm having a hard time reaching them it to all the clutter.  My little 8mm wrench worked fine on the other two.

Thanks.

Bob
JH5

Posted: 02-16-2012 02:10 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
JodyKerr

IIRC, it was one or two very long socket extensions, and may have had a universal in the middle.

Posted: 02-16-2012 05:00 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
Jim Ketcham

They are not metric. Engine metric, body SAE.

Current time is 12:35 pm  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Body & interior stuff > Complete dash removal for dashpad install Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems