Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Body & interior stuff > Madera Concepts wood fascia

Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Madera Concepts wood fascia  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: 05-04-2011 04:22 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
cavanbound

Guys-

I'm considering swapping out the tired stock faux wood in my JH 18082 for the Madera  Concepts wood fittings.  Has anyone got experience installing that can speak to the fit and finish?  I've seen some good feedback on the look, but am curious about how easily their product installs.  Also, on their site they make reference to sending them the cigarette lighter cowl cover so that they can re-veneer this to match - any experience there?

Thanks - Matt

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 05-04-2011 10:06 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
rossjfox

Matt,

I've done this upgrade and can say without hesitation that the fit and finsih are excellent.  That's not to say that there isn't some work to do on installation.  The coating is very thick which made some of the switch holes too small for the switches.  Nothing some careful sanding and grinding wouldn't correct, but it does take a little work.

As to their need for the cigarette lighter cowl - actually they need all your pieces.  They copy them for size and location of holes.  You get them all back if you ask.  What's different about the cigarette lighter cowl is that this piece is reused.  It has a metal backing that they need to apply the vaneer to.

It's a worthwhile upgrade.  The results are quite impressive.

Ross

Posted: 05-05-2011 01:22 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
cavanbound

Thanks Ross.  Interesting that they told me only to send the cigarette lighter cowl, but I wasn't actually placing an order - just trying to feel out how the product is set up.  I appreciate the reply, and I think I'll get it ordered.  JH 18082 came home from Midwest Motor Sport tuned and ready to run today.  Now I need to tidy it up a bit.

Matt

Posted: 05-05-2011 02:30 am
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Ron Mau

Matt,
 I  ordered mine and they only needed the cigarette lighter part. I am assuming that they have the other parts down to a science and don't need them anymore. Mine should be done on Friday. So I can let you know when they are delivered how the fit and finish are.

Ron Mau

Posted: 05-06-2011 02:02 am
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
John Finch

http://jhppg.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=26887

Here is a link to a pix of the Madera partially installed in 18307. Some minor effort to make fit but well worth it in my opinion.

Best of luck with your project

John

Posted: 05-06-2011 12:28 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
cavanbound

John-

Looks very nice - reinforces my purchase.  Looks like you might've chosen Carpathian Elm as I did?

One item I'm missing from my trim - the "finishing strip" at the bottom of the panel to left of steering column (light switches, etc.).  This is the quarter-rounding black plastic trim piece (horizontal) that appears to "contain" the fascia wood piece.  Have you removed/reinstalled yours, and do you know if the "finishing strip" piece Delta lists is that same thing I describe?

Regards,

Matt

Posted: 05-06-2011 03:43 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
John Finch

I have not installed that panel yet as the PO of 18309 installed a small circular grated rotating air vent between the switches and steering column so I need to modify my Madera piece to install. Just haven't had the time. For the clock surround I simply installed over the existing. Its a friction fit, that is a temporary.

John

Posted: 05-07-2011 02:22 am
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
jgreen

I was very happy when I sent away my dashboard for my Jensen GT. The fit and finish is amazing....... so much so, I replaced the pieces in my healey. They recommended the Instrument pod option. It is a perfect fit with 6 screws and fits right over the instrument pod. If I ever get tired of it, it removes quickly by removing the screws.

The customer service is great. When I had the a VINTAGE AIR system installed in my dash on my GT. I sent them the control panel and they custom cut the entire piece so it looks perfect and not something added on later.

Attachment: img_0420dash2.jpg (Downloaded 143 times)

Posted: 05-08-2011 12:22 am
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
John Finch

That is a great look in my opinion.

Current time is 02:56 pm  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Body & interior stuff > Madera Concepts wood fascia Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems