Home 

Moderated by: Greg Fletcher  
AuthorPost
jarnol123

Does anyone know where to get the bigger, shorter hose with the elbow that comes out of the dellorto carbs?

subwoofer

You mean the fuel banjo? Like this?

http://www.dellorto.com/merchandise/products_details.asp?PartNo=7660a&CategoryID=1&PartsectionID=1

--
Joachim

jarnol123

actually no....I went to Delta and it's a breather tube..they have em but they're $40 each!!

Jim Ketcham

I am not sure what you are describing.  There is no hose that comes out of the Dellorto's (other than fuel hose).  The crankcase breather hose is a sort L shaped hose (about 1" diameter) that attaches to the bottom of the air box from the crankcase vent.  It allows heavy crankcase fumes to condense and return to the crankcase and the light ends to be drawn into the carbs to be burned.  

Some people have attached this vent to their aftermarket air cleaners directly before the carbs.  This should not be done as the heavy crankcase vapors do not get a chance to condense and return to the crankcase.  Usually one sees oil dripping from the air cleaners of these cars.

Jim 

jarnol123

thanks Jim,

yes i took another look and the two vents are directly underneath the k&n filter. It looks like someone bolted these on. One hose goes to the engine right next to the oil filler cap. The other, much larger diameter and shorter, goes to the engine. I think these are just breather hose? Any ideas on these?

I'm starting to think that the dellortos on my jensen came from an alfa or something like that?

sjensen24

what is the appropriate way to capture the oil that comes out of the crankcase breather?  Mine just dumps on the lower suspension members and makes a mess that I need to clean up.

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems