Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Body & interior stuff > Mesh screen over the air scoop, below front bumper

Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Mesh screen over the air scoop, below front bumper  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: 03-11-2011 01:17 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
cavanbound

My 74 JH is missing the mesh screen that should cover the front air scoop.  Delta has one listed in their catalog (Air Scoop Mesh - 98389).  I'm wondering if anyone has ordered this and knows if it's a good OEM or similar?

Has anyone had one cut from template at a welding shop?  Seems like it ought to be straightforward, but I'm not sure how tight a mesh this was OEM - any advice on this is helpful - I can't find a specification in the literature, and I don't have a model to draw from.

Thanks in advance - Matt

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 03-11-2011 01:38 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Art DeKneef

I'll have to look and see if I still have one. It was missing on one of the cars, badly replaced with chicken wire on another and what looked original on another one. If I remember right the original looking had .5" square mesh and a thick rod around the outside. Held in place with a couple of small brackets.

If no one else replies with an answer before Sunday, I'll look at a few cars at the Wheels of Britain show here in Phoenix and get a picture for you.

Art

Posted: 03-11-2011 03:35 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
cavanbound

Thanks Art - much appreciated.  I'm not doing anything on it in the next week, but would appreciate any additional info you can offer.  Regards - Matt

Posted: 03-11-2011 03:42 am
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Dakota123

Here is a photo that might help.  A little small due to the file size limit, but still pretty clear if you zoom your browser a bit.

As far as I know, 10628 is all-original.

Mike

Attachment: IMG_0705.JPG (Downloaded 124 times)

Posted: 03-11-2011 02:55 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
Art DeKneef

That's what I remember mine looking like.

Current time is 02:52 pm  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Body & interior stuff > Mesh screen over the air scoop, below front bumper Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems