Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Seat Hardware  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: 06-01-2005 07:38 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Jim DeClerck

When I removed the seats for floor rust repair and seat rehab I noticed that one end of one of the seat runner slides was broken off. PO must have bottomed on something hard. The welding shop operator I showed it to suggested I first try to find a used replacement seat runner. So I'm looking.
Does anyone out there know where I can get a replacement. It came from the driver's seat and it's the runner with the locking lever attached. Photo of broken runner attached...
Thanks.

Attachment: 100_0306b.jpg (Downloaded 182 times)

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 06-02-2005 12:38 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Mark Rosenbaum

Delta told me these were NLA when I asked several years ago.  I have seen a few on eBay, selling for exorbitant prices, so apparently they're quite scarce.  There's nothing really special about the seat slides, so you could probably fix yours, modify something from a junkyard, or decide exactly where you want the seat and fabricate up some simple brackets.  Finally, if no one with a parts car has a good slide they're willing to part with, there are always the various UK sources.

Posted: 06-02-2005 12:00 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Mitch Ware

You can also try British Car Masters http://www.usedbritishcarparts.com/. They had the stainless pieces that I was missing along with a couple of other things. Their prices seemed high, but when they were the only source, I guess I had to pay their prices.

Mitch Ware
1974 JH-5 #111119670
1971 TR-6 #CC66950LO

Posted: 06-07-2005 07:36 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Sander

Bruce Madden has many used sets available, 404-261-2552.  You need to write his number down .. he has parted more then a dozen JHs, cleaned and inventoried every nut and bolt and has used and new parts ready to ship.  Sorry to sound like an ad for Bruce but I'm always surprised that there are JH owners that don't know about him.  His prices are fair and his knowledge of our cars is awesome.  Drawback -he's not on the net and it's sometimes difficult to reach him.  He's often out climbing a mountain somewhere.

Last edited on 06-07-2005 07:44 pm by Sander

Posted: 06-07-2005 09:56 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
Jim DeClerck

Thanks, Sander for the tip. I was thinking maybe I'd reinstall the damaged seat rail (on the less frequently used passenger side), being sure the bolts at each end were firmly tightened, and maybe the rail would stay in place. I'll check with Bruce and see what an unbroken one will cost.
And thanks to the others, Mark and Mitch, who have replied. There's always help out there, most of it good!

Posted: 06-09-2005 08:05 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
Scott Robinson

Jim,

FYI some seat rails are currently on Ebay. I have no connection.

Scott

Current time is 10:28 pm  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Body & interior stuff > Seat Hardware Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems