Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Engine & Transmission > Soft top raising and lowering

Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Soft top raising and lowering  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: 02-14-2011 03:13 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Brucesnows

I was hoping for some instruction as to raising and lowering my JH rag top so that it folds below deck and I can put the boot cover on.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 02-15-2011 12:41 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
dwalls1

I think my instruct was from the owners manual. I'm not sure though, and it's one of those things I have to do every once in a while or I forget the procedure. I hope someone here can remember if it was on this site.  I know that stowage involves stretching it out over the back of the car and rolling it back up towards the front.  My canvas top is harder than the original as it's bulkier, but doable.
    BTW Welcome to this site and do post often.

Posted: 02-15-2011 12:44 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
John Finch

Following is from the owners manual: "Unfasten the seven press studs and detach the velcro held side panels at the rear of the soft top. Lower the sun visors to gain access to the catch levers which secure the header rail to teh windscreen header rail. Pull the levers through and arc of 145 degrees to release the soft top header rail. Push the header rail rearwards and upwardsd so that the frame hinges(which are on both sides of the frame about 18 inches back from the catch levers) and sufficiently to enable the rail, in the rear edge of the soft top to be moved rearwards out of the two retainers. Lower the frame into the back of the car taking care to avoid trapping the fabric in the frame. Position the rail down between the frame and the back of the car and pull out th edouble layer thus formed to straighten the fabric. Neatly fold the side panels inwards over the Vybak backlight(rear inndow) the foll the fabric and backlight to finally tuck down neatly over the  rail.

Hope this helps

Current time is 11:28 am  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Engine & Transmission > Soft top raising and lowering Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems