Home 

Moderated by: Greg Fletcher  
AuthorPost
SpeedyMitch

I have been researching options for replacement door mirrors. I like the black 'Baby Tornado' style mirrors but am open to other options. I would prefer a convex RH side, but it's not necessary. Here is what I have so far (for a pair):

1) Baby Tornado mirrors from DMS: $200
2) Black 'Tex' mirrors from Victoria British: $70
3) EMPI Baby Tornado knock-offs (does anybody know the correct part #, the door mirrors for VW bug / Ghia are not correct).

Any other options, thoughts, considerations, etc???

SpeedyMitch

SpeedyMitch wrote: Any other options, thoughts, considerations, etc???

I see there are some strong feeling about side view mirrors out there...

I ended up 'refurbishing' my rattling and pitted chrome mirrors with some Gorilla Glue to hold the mirror in place. I then sanded, cleaned, primed, and painted them semi-gloss black.

Attachment: Black-Door-Mirror.jpg (Downloaded 110 times)

Jensen Healey
Super Moderator

Hi Mitch, I like the look, especially on yellow!

colinw59

FYI on the door mirrors for our cars. They are identical to those on 74 MGBs. The only difference is the mounting plinth.

francisg

Speedy Mitch,

Nice job on the mirror, i only wish i still had mine...  We must be neighbours i am in SR.

FG

noomg

Mitch,

My J-H as well as my TR7 came with those original mirrors as did a lot of other '70s Brit cars. I found them to be unsatisfactory due to their very limited rear view, also I never thought they looked all that great to begin with(kinda plain vanilla).

I went with the Baby Tornados, they are a period correct upgrade and a big improvement in rearward vision. Of course back then you could get them at any auto parts store for about 12 bucks apiece.

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems