Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Suspension > Which Vauxhall Viva?

Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Which Vauxhall Viva?  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: 06-01-2005 02:03 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
George

I read somewhere that our little cars have the same front suspension as the Vauxhall Viva.  So I thought a Haynes type manual might come in handy when I decide to rebuild, but I am unsure what year/model Viva.  A few models cover our time period.  Was Jensen ahead of Vauxhall or getting their leftovers?  Or was their no change in the Viva fronts in the early 70s?    UK E Bay seems to have lots of Viva books, cheap.  Thanks for any help.

George

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 06-02-2005 09:42 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Tony Hollart

The Vauxhall Viva model that had the same cross member,brakes,steering rack, steering column and diferential as the Jensen Healey was sold as the 1800 cc Magnum. The engine mounts are slightly different but its clear that Jensen picked them out of Vauxhalls parts bin. I purchased a 1975 Viva Magnum for the useful parts it could donate. The smaller engined 1300 cc Viva cross member looks the same but is not as strong as the 1800 cc car.

There is always much debate on this board about wheel and tyre combinations. The 4 inch PCD is very close to 100 mm PCD used by many other car manufactuers ( Honda Civics, Toyota Echo's, BMW 3 series etc ) If you replaced the Jensen wheel stud with a larger stud, you would be able to move it in the 0.4 mm to suit a huge selection of wheels. This would have to done accurately on a milling machine or similar. The more modest 1300 cc Viva has the same front hubs as the Jensen but a smaller diameter brake disk, I am about to try this modification on some spare hubs I have. The rear drive shafts obviously are not as common so I will have to be sure of accuracy before I look to do them. Any comments ?

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

Current time is 05:30 am  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Suspension > Which Vauxhall Viva? Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems