Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Body & interior stuff > Has anybody tried a 'SuedeMat' from DashMat?

Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Has anybody tried a 'SuedeMat' from DashMat?  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: 12-20-2010 11:45 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
SpeedyMitch

http://www.dashmat.com/products/suedemat.html

$45 delivered seems like an easy and inexpensive option for covering the cracked top of my dash...

Has anybody tried them? I am wondering if they look any better then the indoor/outdoor carpet version?

I assume they use the same pattern as their 'classic' carpet-style mat that Delta sells. How is the fit?

Any interest in a group buy?

Thanks in advance,

MitchD

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 12-20-2010 11:50 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
JodyKerr

Well, I'll bet it'd definitely look nicer than carpet, but I'm really not a fan of the things.

Delta also sells a plastic dash cover that looks pretty smart when installed carefully. Another option (but not cheap) is http://www.justdashes.com. I'm going to try them for my current project.

Jody

Posted: 12-21-2010 12:10 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Lash Russell

Hi Jody,

The just dashes website looks pretty good, even have the JH listed for dash restoration.  Have they given a quote, or do you have an idea of what it would cost?  I'd be very interested to know.

Lash

Posted: 12-21-2010 03:56 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
JodyKerr

Lash,

They are NOT CHEAP! :) I believe it's ~$700.00 to get it done. Which is the primary reason I haven't done mine yet.  I have called them a couple times over the years to try to haggle a deal and also to see if they'd do the top header bow as well (so it'd match the dash).

Jody

Posted: 12-22-2010 12:05 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
Lash Russell

OUCH!

Thanks Jody.  I wonder if they do them truly "one-of" or if there is any special jigging or set up required specifically for our dashes and headers.  If there is set up then maybe we can get some better pricing for 5, 10, more units through the club?

Lash

Posted: 12-22-2010 02:57 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
JodyKerr

Lash,

I have my suspicions that the Just Dashes work is pretty labor intensive and requires some expensive machinery. While I admit the price seems high, when you consider the cost and availability of a NOS dash...

They might be open to a discount on a large order, particularly in this economy. If you could get a few folks to do it I'd be in for it.

Jody

Posted: 12-22-2010 09:09 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
SpeedyMitch

$45 delivered seems like an easy and inexpensive option for covering the cracked top of my dash.

SuedeMat ordered with delivery expected in 2-3 weeks. I will update this thread when I receive and install it as to fit and result.

Posted: 12-23-2010 03:25 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
Brett Gibson JH5 20497

I believe Mitch Ware installed a Delta cap in his car and from what I saw it looked great, you could'nt tell it was'nt original, maybe he can give a break down on just what it took.

Brett

Posted: 12-30-2010 06:36 pm
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
Greg Fletcher
Administrator

This is another case of you-get-what-you-pay-for. The carpet on the dash, is well, it looks like carpet on the dash. I guess it's better than a thrashed, cracked dash, but you are not getting style points for aesthetics.

The dash cap is a pretty nice option, most people would not look close enough to see it's not original. It looks good and is a considerable improvement over what damage may lie underneath. A lot of value for the money with this one.

Just Dashes cost much more because they take the time to make it look as close to perfect as it can be done. Doing ten dashes takes ten times more time than one dash, so I can't see any discount in numbers on that. I've seen a JH dash from Just Dashes and it indeed looks better than the original factory dash in perfect condition. It is very labor intensive and it is 100% custom work done by a person that knows what he's doing. Quality work will always cost more. If you need a dash redone, you're restoring the car to high standard and you plan on keeping the car, then Just Dashes is the way to go.

Posted: 12-31-2010 04:07 pm
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
Jensen Healey
Super Moderator

I removed the poorly installed ABS plastic dash cover from my car and much prefer the look of the carpet.

I would rather have a GT dash. Anyone have one for a template?

Kurt

Posted: 12-31-2010 06:28 pm
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
Art DeKneef

Funny you should ask Kurt. I got one with the GT parts car and have it apart and some of the measurements made to make a template. But it will be a while before I get it finished. I'm trying to get the bodywork done and the car aligned so I can paint.

I also have the console that I am doing along with a few changes.

So many things to do, not enough time to work on all of them.

Art

Posted: 01-19-2011 04:00 am
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
SpeedyMitch

SpeedyMitch wrote: $45 delivered seems like an easy and inexpensive option for covering the cracked top of my dash.

SuedeMat ordered with delivery expected in 2-3 weeks. I will update this thread when I receive and install it as to fit and result.

The SuedeMat arrived within about a week. The fit is very good and installation is very simple. I think it looks much better than my old cracked open and peeling dash.

Attachment: SuedeMat-Dash.png (Downloaded 37 times)

Posted: 01-19-2011 04:12 am
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
JodyKerr

Looks really nice!

Current time is 10:38 am  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Body & interior stuff > Has anybody tried a 'SuedeMat' from DashMat? Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems