Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Pulley waterpump  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: 11-02-2010 07:04 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Anton

After replacing a remanufactured waterpump on my JH (lotus 907) it appeared that the pulley was not straight. It was swinging a little.

I checked the axle of the pump and this is straight. I put on another pulley and again it is swinging a little.

Can anyone advise me on this subject??

Thanks in advance

Anton

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 11-02-2010 09:03 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Greg Fletcher
Administrator

In my experience, Lotus is very inexact when it comes to the pulleys on their water pumps. The later Lotus pumps that have the weirdo, enormous pulley are nightmarish at best, I won't even rebuild those anymore. It's like a crazy person designed it. The only way to mitigate this is to put the pulley in a lathe and hone off a bit of metal from the V section to try and even it out. On the pump itself, if the shaft is perfectly straight (you usually can't tell by eye), then there isn't much you can do.

Posted: 11-04-2010 07:39 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Arvin Appelman

You might want to stone the mating face of the pump and make sure that the mating face of the pulley is clean and flat. A small bump on either surface will not let the pulley seat correctly.  Test by installing the pulley without the fan, tightening opposite bolts in small increments to ensure that the pulley goes on the shaft straight.

Current time is 09:05 pm  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Cooling > Pulley waterpump Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems