Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Projects > Jensen Healey Lover gets a great car

Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Jensen Healey Lover gets a great car  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: 10-21-2010 12:06 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
philharmonic

So I got this Tax return and I am going to by a Camery or Acura or something. Then I see this ad for a 74 Jensen Healey Runs Good $1200. I am like OK if it is any good I want to buy it. It is dusty. Starts right up and the guy races the engine up to like 7000 RPM. And it sounds great. He says he doesn't know anything about the car and I ask him if it has a Lotus engine? He says no it has a Jensen Healey engine. I look under the hood and clearly see the 907. I buy the car and put a battery and gas in it and head for home about 35 miles over the Santa Cruz mountains. I get out of the drive way and the drivers side door flies open and I quickly pull it shut and push the door handle down and the door seems secure. The engine is pulling very strong as I put it into 4th gear and the hard top starts to fly away luckily I was able to grab it and pull it down an get it snug. I get it into fourth gear and she really takes off and i feel like i am going a hundred miles an hour. Actually I was fast approaching triple digits. Yowl the car drove great it had been set up with anti-sway bars and spax shocks the brakes where soft and when I got home after just a short 35 miles it seemed to be leaking Oil, Brake fluid, water, gas etc... Well i got the car tuned up with the help of a local shop and the JHPS board. so thanks for all the tech tips and repair stories 18837 is on the road!

Attachment: jensen 1 .jpeg (Downloaded 253 times)

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 10-21-2010 11:44 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Lash Russell

Nice,

Sounds like you got hooked the same way I did.  Also, seems from the bumpers you have the coveted 5 speed, enjoy.

Lash

Posted: 10-21-2010 07:59 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
philharmonic

Hi Lash,
Yes i am Hooked. I just sort of liked it at first but now that it is running better i really love it. You know it is a 4 speed although I just got another one that is a 5 speed it has not run in a long time but it will soon. It has got bolt on wire wheels... weird huh?

Posted: 10-21-2010 11:38 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Jensen Healey
Super Moderator

Those wire wheels were a factory option. Sort of rare and certainly cool looking.

Kurt

Posted: 10-27-2010 11:38 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
philharmonic

Hi Kurt,
I do not know if these particular wheels where a factory option. They say "Zenith Wire Wheel Company Campbell California". The do look cool and the chrome is in nice shape. Just today I started to refurbish 19361. Wow I have got my work cut out for me. But this car was loved and cared for since new by the same owner whose widow I got it from. Oh yes it is Tangerine.

Posted: 10-28-2010 12:48 am
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
Jensen Healey
Super Moderator

Well, I guess that's a clue!

The originals are also bolt-on and IIRC were Dunlops.

Have fun! I'll let you know when I'm headed your way in the JH.

Kurt

Posted: 10-28-2010 01:18 am
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
philharmonic

Santa Cruz is Nice! I would love to see you your car whenever you can make it out here. Hey I have been driving 8837 to Berkeley, San Francisco, Palo Alto and San Mateo then over the hill to the coast like 200-300 miles sometimes three and four times a week an the car just seems to run better and better.

Current time is 11:39 am  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Projects > Jensen Healey Lover gets a great car Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems