Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Decent wiring diagram  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: 07-03-2010 05:38 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Frank Schwartz

Does anyone know where I can download a good wiring diagram for the JH?
I found one on the Jensen Owners Club website, but it is a maze of little lines...the one I had and cannot find any more is more of a pictorial and easy to read....
Thanks
Frank

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 07-03-2010 06:44 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Jensen Healey
Super Moderator

Hi Frank,

Send me your email address. I have a .tif file that can be enlarged on the screen.

Kurt Housh

Posted: 07-04-2010 02:55 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
rossjfox

Also, consider this color diagram.  Much easier to read, however not free.

http://joc.org.uk/regalia/index.php?cPath=24_28

Ross

Posted: 07-04-2010 03:53 am
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Art DeKneef

Frank,

You might try what I did. I took the wiring diagrams file of the JH and GT to a client (architecture firm) that has wide-format printers and made a 24" x 36" and 36" x 48" copy. Much easier to read and follow and allows room for notes.

Art

Posted: 07-07-2010 03:51 am
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
edward_davis

John Kimbrough used to have a nifty set of .pdfs he made, mapping each major circuit independently. I keep a booklet printout of it in my glove box at all times, along with the original wiring diagram I got with the car and my own hand-drawn notes for all of the special modifications I've made myself. I'll see if I can get the originals from John. He got out of JHs when his one-owner car got T-boned about two years ago.

He also has a .pdf of the overall diagram he had blown up to poster size. He gave it to me when his car died, and I have it on the wall in the garage, next to mine.

Posted: 07-07-2010 07:22 am
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
JodyKerr

Also, keep in mind the vin of your car. The later JH5's had the GT wiring harness. Lots of extra wires.

There's a GT wiring diagram in the service book that JHPS sells. IT's hand written, so it takes a little while to decipher.

Posted: 07-07-2010 12:49 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
Brett Gibson JH5 20497

Frank, I brought some poster size wiring diagrams for JH's and Interceptors to the Nationals the last few years as a auction item, not all were sold so I left them with the organizer's, maybe you can get them to bring them along to this years show if they still have them.

Brett

Posted: 07-08-2010 01:08 am
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
LambandAndy

Frank,

I have John Kimbrough's wiring diagrams (which I have found most useful on several occaisions) but apparently can't post a zip file as an attachement.

If you send me your e-mail address (to limey01@aol.com) I'll send them to you.

Andy

Posted: 07-08-2010 06:46 am
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
subwoofer

John's diagrams are still online, just slightly hidden:

http://home.comcast.net/~jrkengr2/html/wiring_diagrams.html

--
Joachim

Posted: 07-08-2010 09:03 pm
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
Gary Martin JH 15371

That is interesting. Edward and I have both been in contact with John Kimbrough and John says he took down his web page with the diagrams some time ago. So it is interesting they are still out there in the Either.

I bought John's totaled one owner car two years ago and he gave me all his electrical diagrams on a CD disk. I beleive the files are .pdf.

Greg, should I send you copies of the disk so they can be included someplace on the JHPS website ? It makes sense they should be located here someplace.

Gary 

Last edited on 07-08-2010 09:10 pm by Gary Martin JH 15371

Posted: 07-08-2010 09:20 pm
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
JodyKerr

Gary,

If Greg doesn't host them I'll be happy to put a copy up on my web site.

Jody

Posted: 07-23-2013 08:52 pm
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
Art DeKneef

Did we ever determine if John's wiring diagrams were available somewhere?

Working on wiring up one of my cars, 74 JH #14549, and it seems the wiring is different and changed from the wiring diagram I have. And in checking the other car and wiring I have, none of it is stock.

Posted: 07-24-2013 02:58 am
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
Dakota123

Uploaded to the following:

http://www.mediafire.com/?1hf6sg1350m9f5n

Seems to work ok; let me know if not.

Mike

Last edited on 07-24-2013 03:10 am by Dakota123

Posted: 07-24-2013 03:21 am
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
Art DeKneef

Thanks Mike. Just what I needed. I also sent it to Jody Kerr to see if he wants to host it for all of us.

Posted: 12-17-2019 06:56 pm
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
mtechwim

Cool diagrams, thanks

Posted: 12-17-2019 06:56 pm
  PM Quote Reply
16th Post
mtechwim

Cool diagrams, thanks

Posted: 12-18-2019 03:02 pm
  PM Quote Reply
17th Post
noomg

I just replaced my wiring harness, wish I had those diagrams before I started. I used a combination of three different wiring diagrams for the project; one that came with the car in the driver's handbook(very basic), and a '73 & '74 from Delta. All three had elements relating to my car but none individually were specific to my late model '74 JH-5. I had all three laid out and constantly went back and forth between diagrams.

Based on the 3 diagrams, the car, and the new and original harness it seems that I may have had a '73 harness originally installed in my '74 car.

Posted: 12-19-2019 01:55 am
  PM Quote Reply
18th Post
redracer

The wiring diagrams from John Kimball are for the '73/early'74, and not for the later cars, as noomg has found out.
Just last month, I was asked for a GT harness; I found that for the USA version alone, there were 3 different types(maybe more??); one I still have which must have been one of the earliest GT ones with the J-H fuse box; the GT I purchased from the late Joe Mazurk has the dual 4 fuse boxes as seen in some diagrams; and my friend, Craig Wolfe, has the more common single 11 fuse box with some separate sections.
The earliest '73 harness' did NOT have the logic box we are familiar with(but they do have the unfused white wire going to the fuel pump). I don't know when they started fusing the fuel pump(#2/middle fuse) which is a green wire. Also, the earlier cars did NOT have the hardtop option which has the polarized plug and white wired fuse near the fuel pump.
The UK diagram(very pricey) may be for right han =d drive cars, so I would avoid them(unless they can specifically tell you they have them for the USA/left hand drive). The Europeans also had a rear light "DIMMER" relay(shown on the "googled" images) which are non applicable here(I have a whole box of them from one of my early '90s buy-outs--useless to me).
I know there are at least 4 versions for the UA J-H(again, maybe more??), but fortunately, having owned 26 of these, I can look at them to help with whatever.
Maybe it's best for whomever to "redo" whatever they have(e.g. relays for the headlights, a main source of amperage and heat in the ignition contacts)
good luch, bruce

Posted: 12-19-2019 02:48 pm
  PM Quote Reply
19th Post
noomg

It's amazing that a car with such a short production run and produced it such small numbers would have so many different wiring harnesses. Frank, I don't know why you need a W/D, weather you're replacing the W/H or just going back to redo a PO's "fixes" but I think the most important thing to have is the list of colors of the wires themselves(usually on the W/D itself). The good news is the colors from W/D to W/D seem to be mostly the same. Just based on my experience I'd be surprised if you found one W/D that fit your car exactly. So that being said I don't think you can have to many W/Ds.

Current time is 12:59 pm  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Electrical & Instruments > Decent wiring diagram Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems