Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Body & interior stuff > Help with interior trim panels

Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Help with interior trim panels  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: 05-09-2010 03:07 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
MikeIsotech

Hi

Pretty soon I'm going to be putting the interior back in to my Healey. I need to replace all of the interior trim panels. I could buy them but they aren't cheap so I fancy making them myself. One problem though is that I don't have the original panels to use as templates. I'm hoping that someone in the forum may have the panels off their car and be able to trace the outlines for me. It would really help me if someone could help.

Thanks in advance

Mike

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 05-12-2010 03:20 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
JodyKerr

Mike,

The guys at Delta Motorosports have precut boards and such for doing interior panels. It's not hard to make, but requires some patience and, if you're missing the door ones, ingenuity. I bought the boards from Delta fairly inexpensively and also sourced my vinyl through them (so that it'd match the seat covers, when I find some seats. :)

I've also got an article on my site about doing the doors:

http://www.theymightberacing.com/Projects/FrameOff/JH74G/DoorPanelRestoration.aspx

I just got the rest of the kits, and will be doing the rear interior panels next. Once mum gives me a sewing lesson I'm going to recover my console as well (for which there are no kits available).

Jody

Posted: 05-12-2010 05:59 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
MikeIsotech

Thanks Jody

I'll take a look at your guide on-line. It'll be a great help. I've seen one of your other guides - the heater unit rebuild. If you don't mind I may PM you with a couple of questions.

Cheers

Mike

Posted: 05-12-2010 07:14 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
JodyKerr

Hey Mike,

You'll get a faster response if you email. jodyfkerr@gmail.com

Jody

Posted: 01-23-2011 11:06 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
JodyKerr

Going to reply to myself here as the topic's relevant.

Caught up with some bits on my Jensen Healey in the past week-ish.

Made and installed the interior panels:
http://www.theymightberacing.com/Projects/FrameOff/JH74G/InteriorPanels.aspx

Also restored and installed the roll bar:
http://www.theymightberacing.com/Projects/FrameOff/JH74G/RollBar.aspx

Next step will be cutting & sewing a new console cover!

Cheers!
Jody

Posted: 01-29-2014 02:21 am
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
fogrocker

MikeIsotech wrote: Hi

Pretty soon I'm going to be putting the interior back in to my Healey. I need to replace all of the interior trim panels. I could buy them but they aren't cheap so I fancy making them myself. One problem though is that I don't have the original panels to use as templates. I'm hoping that someone in the forum may have the panels off their car and be able to trace the outlines for me. It would really help me if someone could help.

Thanks in advance

Mike

Resurrecting a long ago thread.. As it seems that Delta no longer sells the panels I am in need of some templates....

Posted: 01-29-2014 07:23 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
answerman

I have most of mine off for the rebuild (all except the doors, saving those for last). I guess I could try tracing them for you on some freezer paper and mailing them to you if it would help, though I don't know how accurate that would be. To be clear, other than the door panels, we are talking about the one across the rear and the smaller triangular ones on either side in the convertible top well?

Posted: 01-29-2014 09:03 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
fogrocker

YES! please!... also the the ones in the footwells if you have them... kick panels?

also PM sent to you

Last edited on 01-29-2014 09:05 pm by fogrocker

Posted: 01-29-2014 09:23 pm
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
Art DeKneef

For the big rear piece the quickest and easiest way is to tape some newspaper together, pull some measurements, cut out the pattern and trial fit. Then transfer to whatever you are going to make the panels out of.

Used newspaper to make the rear side pieces also and then transferred to cardboard to check fit. Pretty easy really.

Current time is 08:12 am  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Body & interior stuff > Help with interior trim panels Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems