Home 

Moderated by: Greg Fletcher  
AuthorPost
subwoofer

Had the driver side door skin off and put it back in yesterday, then I ran into an odd problem:

I can't seem to get the window handle back on, the hex bit of the mechanism seems to sit too deep, and the centre screw all of a sudden bottoms out. I was surprised that the screw was more than 1" long when I disassembled, but I did not expect any problems. I did, however, wind the window up and down few times without the handle installed, could that have caused the mechanism to retract into the door?

Any ideas? I guess I could just cut the bolt and see if I can pull the handle down into engagement by tightening the bolt. (Mechanical engineer's motto: If it jams? Force it. If it breaks? It needed replacement anyway...)

--
Joachim

Brett Gibson JH5 20497

Joachim, you dont mention the spacer that fit's over the hex and then the handle goes over that, and the screw holds it all together.

Brett

subwoofer

What size is that spacer? Other than the ring that sits on the door skin, I can't see any...

There is, of course, the possibility that it dropped away unnoticed during disassembly, and can be found somewhere on the garage floor under the car...

Edit: I can see it in the Delta catalog. I will go searching!

--
Joachim

Last edited on 04-28-2010 01:35 pm by subwoofer

subwoofer

Found it! The spacer hid under the car, it must have fallen when I removed the door card.

Problem solved.

--
Joachim

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems