Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Suspension > Huffacre Competition Springs and SPAX Shocks

Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Huffacre Competition Springs and SPAX Shocks  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: 04-25-2010 05:11 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Greg_M

If anybody is interested, I have just removed the Huffacre Competion Springs and SPAX Competion shocks from the race car and they are now for sale.

Put a new set of street SPAX shocks and Rally springs on the car. THe springs lower the car about one inch and are about 15 percent stiffer.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 05-09-2010 03:28 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Rich Thomas

Hi Greg

I Think I might be interested. What kind of shape are the shocks in and what is the difference between them and standard adjustable Spax?

Thanks

Rich Thomas

thomasrcr@aol.com

Posted: 05-09-2010 05:20 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Greg_M

Rich,

Thanks for the inquiry. I have had several people interested and I think they have been sold. 

But to answer your question, the stock SPAX shocks have a 1 5/8" dia. body and the competition shocks have a 2" dia. body.  The competition shocks also have a shorter stroke to match the shorter Huffacre springs.  The front shocks are sperical bearing mounted rather than rubber bushed. 

Cheers,

Greg

Posted: 06-30-2015 01:29 am
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
timeforwalkies

Not much chance you still have the springs and shocks, but if you do I am very interested.
Just started a 24 hours of lemons and did one race.  Even with the uprated springs from Delta there is so much roll, you get sea sick watching.  You can see our car on facebook.  Look up Old Crows Racing.  Its open to all.
If you don't have these, would you mind letting me know your source, or what you did to keep yours from wallowing all over the place.
Thanks a bunch,
Clif

Posted: 06-30-2015 10:47 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
Greg_M

Amazingly enough the springs and shocks are available. The person I sold them to was unable to find the time to finish the project. I now have them back. Sounds like you need a good sway bar. I still have the Huffacre bars on the car. Would be willing to trade for a set that aren't quite so stiff.

Current time is 12:32 pm  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Suspension > Huffacre Competition Springs and SPAX Shocks Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems