Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
chrome bumpers  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: 04-21-2010 03:23 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
j23mau

Hey everyone.  My muffler feel off and caused some damage between the tail lights and the bumper, top and bottom.  In my search for repairs I found a shop that may be willing to make a run of the chrome pieces of the bumpers, front and repair.

They are wanting to do a run of at least 50 front and 50 rear. 

For the front bumper, would the lip toward the rear of the bumper be vital to the replacement?

My question to you all, is how much would you be willing to pay?

The shop is a metal works shop that has fabricated so many parts that I was astonished in my town, there was even something like this!  My guess is that the store and Delta may want a few as well.  Not sure if any shops overseas may want them.  I am just testing the waters.  Not trying to get rich, but after denting my dads on my first test drive, and now not tightening my rear muffler enough and damaging my own, I know I would probobly buy at least 2 fronts and 2 rears.

Jeremy Mau

JH 14388

JH 14565

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 04-21-2010 05:18 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
subwoofer

You should get in touch with Martin Robey in England before you have anything custom made. They are in possession of almost all the original press tools, so most parts can be had off the shelf, more or less.

Shipping overseas is not inexpensive, but I would guess still a lot cheaper than custom fabrication - and I don't think you'll find 49 others to share the initial run with.

--
Joachim

Posted: 04-21-2010 01:14 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Brett Gibson JH5 20497

Jeremy, I would be in for a front depending on cost's, plus I know Frank Schwartz is in the market for a front as well.

Brett

PS. Tell your Dad to sharpen his Jarts, the team of Mau / Gibson will be up to some serious challengers this year, and we need to carry another championship. 

Posted: 04-21-2010 01:18 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Jensen Healey
Super Moderator

Hi Jeremy,

I think if you want to move 50 sets then they need to be reasonably priced and fit well. I would buy a front right now for $100.

I won't be contacting Robey for $231 plus shipping. Shipping from the UK is really expensive, I would guess well over $100 for an oversize item.

Kurt

Posted: 04-21-2010 10:02 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
Jim Ketcham

Jeremy,

If they are polished stainless like the originals (not chrome) and competitively priced I would be interested in 1 front and 1 rear.

Jim

Posted: 04-21-2010 10:08 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
Greg Fletcher
Administrator

Well, at least Martin Robey has them (although they are more than that). Unfortunately, finding cash to invest in a project that won't pay off for many years at a questionable profit will always put a damper on otherwise good ideas like this.

Posted: 04-22-2010 10:56 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
j23mau

Well, I guess I didn't realize that they were available overseas.  I will talk to my guy and see what he can do to get the price down.  From my accident there will be some extra cash left over so I am thinking of having him do the front and rear bumpers.

Brett, sorry to disappoint, but my dad and I will be the jarts champion this year!

Everyone can take a look at the bumpers then and let me know.

Jeremy Mau

Anyone know the price of the bumpers with shipping from Robey to the US?

Posted: 04-23-2010 12:17 am
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
Jensen Healey
Super Moderator

The website wouldn't calculate the shipping until after I entered a Mastercard #.

Posted: 04-24-2010 01:30 pm
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
Brett Gibson JH5 20497

Jeremy, you could have broken the news about the Mau/Gibson team split a bit easier than having me read it in a public forum, I had to head straight to the fridge for a beer to console my sorrow's...........

I do believe that you misspoke though.

my dad and I will be the jarts champion this year.

I will have to put on a vigorous challenge to maintain my position as last year's champ with as yet to be named partner.

The gaunltet has been thrown.

Brett

Posted: 04-24-2010 09:36 pm
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
Ron Mau

I haven't had any input into this decision. He hasn't even asked yet. HMMMM Being a youngster He hasn'y even thrown a Jart in his life, Yea I know He's my son and all, But this is the JARTS CHAMPIONSHIP we are talking about here.I have a seasoned veteran partner with Brett . Honed skills and doesn't crumble under pressure, or a rookie. Untested and unproven. I need a beer to try and sort this out.

Ron Mau

and many more

Current time is 09:20 am  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Body & interior stuff > chrome bumpers Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems