Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Engine & Transmission > Lucas Heavy Duty Oil Stabilizer

Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Lucas Heavy Duty Oil Stabilizer  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: 11-27-2009 11:08 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
gmacey

My local british car mechanic swears by Lucas Heavy duty oil stabilizer.  He is using it with every oil change.  Claims it reduces wear, stops leaks and is especially helpful in high-mileage engines.

Does anyone have any experience with this product in the 907 engine?

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 11-28-2009 05:34 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
dwalls1

These snake oils have been around and around for many decades. I would be especially leary of anything named Lucas. Save your money and buy a lottery ticket.

Posted: 11-29-2009 02:21 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Brett Gibson JH5 20497

I could swear I read an article about this issue on the board's once, or was it someplace else,??? anyhow, what I got out of it was that they do increase the lubrication friction ratio's but at the expense of increased caustic corrosion.

So with that said, they are probably OK for a short term heavy lube, say for a new engine being put together, (Judson help me ot here), then flushed out after break in, or your burning alot of oil and want to thicken it up to get by for awhile longer. 

Personally I would'nt use them if I had no issues, just stick with good old 20-50, the more messing you do the more of a mess you get.

Brett

Posted: 12-02-2009 01:13 am
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Jensen Healey
Super Moderator

Wanna buy some of my Special Elixer? It cures all that ails ya.

If you think straight 50wt is a good idea, then go for it. I say get a new mechanic.

Fill the pan with Valvoline 20-50 VR1 and never switch. You will get the maximum benifit from the additive package with repeat usage. Any other premimum brand with the ZDDP package is fine too. Deisel and motorcycle oils have a good package for our cars also. Red Line is good for the synthetically inclined.

Chemical engineers design oil. Mechanics replace parts. Don't mess with your oil!

Kurt

Current time is 10:46 pm  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Engine & Transmission > Lucas Heavy Duty Oil Stabilizer Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems