Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Need some info  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: 11-06-2009 01:55 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
k2enemy84

After looking at the wiring diagram in the manual and figuring out what goes where, everything "should" be hooked up correctly, and yet the thing wont start. no spark from the coil, I am getting juice to the coil, but it wasn't spitting out spark to the distributor. I replaced the coil with a generic non internal ballast which is putting out a weak spark. A) Is there a specific coil I should install? B) The small parts in the dist. have been replaced with the points gap at 15 degrees. But I didn't replace the thing the dist. ground connects too and it looks rather precarious, what is that called and can i get a replacement? C) What would prevent spark from coming out of the dist.? and why do I have to piggy-back a ground to the neg. battery terminal to get a spark from the coil? D) Is anyone in the Northern Va area who wants to come help me? E) if D fails, does anyone want to buy a JH?

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 11-06-2009 04:11 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Greg Fletcher
Administrator

You might want to go through the distributor again. You need a good ground for starters, that really is essential. It's also easy to reassembly the point plate incorrectly without the small plastic spacer in place on the pivot. When this happens, it renders the unit completely non-functional.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

Current time is 03:05 pm  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Ignition > Need some info Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems