New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Velo stacks, 45mm Dels  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: 10-08-2009 08:20 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
JayDee24ca

Folks;

Where can I find reasonably priced but decent quality 25-30mm depth velo stacks for my Dellorto 45s? I don't really want anything from Bejiing, but I don't want to spend hundreds of dollars on a billet-turned full-bell specialty set either.  I looked at the ones avaialble at CB Performance, but the depth is all wrong; I am limited to 25-30mm (around one inch).

Thanks

J Dymond

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 10-08-2009 08:55 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
subwoofer

Give Mike at Lotusbits a call. 40£ for a set (used). I would recommend calling rather than email.

http://www.lotusbits.com

Posted: 10-10-2009 12:30 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
subwoofer

Just stumbled across these guys: QED

They have 13mm trumpets for the same price as 43mm. I don't think the shorter trumpets should change max power RPM much, it is still a very small part of the total runner length.

Posted: 10-11-2009 08:29 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
JayDee24ca

Hi

I tried the QED site, and they don't advertise the correct height for my application. The stacks i need are 45mm X 25mm to 45 X 30mm, due to air breather limitations. Unfortuanatley it is not as easy as simply getting a larger breather, as I am again limited to a small space for the breather itself.

You are corerct that the trumpet is only a small part of the overall breather passage, however the abiltiy to draw air from the sides (and even from below the lip) of the trumpet is important to good induction. A 13mm horn is just too close to the breather backing plate to give proper flow.

I also had a look at the Lotusbits wesite. I did not give him a call however, as I am in Northern Canada and he is across the puddle. I emailed him, but as you indicated, he is not very responsive to that mode of communication.

I appreciate your help in this, and hope I can come up with a solution. I may wind up just buying from CB Performance I guess.

JD 

Posted: 10-15-2009 12:57 am
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
Jensen Healey
Super Moderator

It seems you should contact Eurocarb at http://www.dellorto.com and lock in the price before the dollar slips lower.

Kurt

Posted: 10-15-2009 03:12 am
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
JayDee24ca

Thanks Kurt

I have been in contact with them. They seem to have what I need.

JD

Current time is 07:40 am  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Carburetors > Velo stacks, 45mm Dels Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems