Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Miscellaneous > Jensen Healeys needed at St Regis, Dana Point Car Event, Sunday Oct. 4

Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Jensen Healeys needed at St Regis, Dana Point Car Event, Sunday Oct. 4  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: 09-28-2009 07:06 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Greg Fletcher
Administrator

So here's the deal, The St. Regis Resort in Dana Point really wants to see some Jensen Healeys at their event this coming Sunday, Oct. 4- they just told me we're in if we can firmly commit to 3 or 4 cars. It's for the "Car Corral", you don't need a show car.

I know the timing blows because the San Diego British Car Meet is also this Sunday, but if I have the choice between driving 100 miles one way to San Diego or driving instead to south Orange County to park my car at one of the most beautiful pieces of real estate in California, well I'm rolling with that.

If you can go, let me know asap.

Greg

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 09-28-2009 07:53 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Greg Fletcher
Administrator

We only need one more car, don't make me beg!

Posted: 09-28-2009 09:12 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Steve Johnson

Greg;

Just got off phone with the boss (Sandy), and she gave me her blessing, even though sat is her birthday, then she leaves on vacation in Canada on wednesday, so COUNT ME IN, send details again.

Steve

Posted: 09-28-2009 09:32 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Greg Fletcher
Administrator

Good going Steve! Now we just need one more Jensen. I roped in someone else, but they can only bring a Jaguar and we really need a third Jensen.

Posted: 09-30-2009 10:17 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
Greg Fletcher
Administrator

OK, last call for the St. Regis Concours on Sunday (show cars not required).

The club has enough Jensen Healeys now to make a class for the event, but it would still be great to have more. The St. Regis in Dana Point, California, is an awesome location and we'll be parked on the golf course. This will be a very special event. If you can only take your Jensen to one car show this year, this is the one.

Posted: 10-05-2009 05:04 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
Greg Fletcher
Administrator

This turned out to be an exceptional event. I'm already looking forward to next year's concours. I think everyone had a great time. They parked us in the Sea Terrace Park which had some amazingly thick and wonderful grass. Just the car club section had some great stuff, wonderful Lamborghinis, old MGs, interesting Porsches, Mercedes 300 roadsters, Packards (in the photo below, you can just see a 1934 Packard Dual Cowl Phaeton on the right side of my car in the background- this car was for sale for $440,000! The concours section was much grander, of course. The organizers said just the "exotic/custom" class alone had 11 million dollars worth of cars in it.

It was a good day for Jensens. I was very happy to find that the Jensen Healeys were well received and I heard many nice compliments from spectators all day. My humble JH even received an award, although the actual reason was rather vague, it was simply called the Car Corral Award.

Posted: 10-05-2009 05:40 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
JodyKerr

Very cool!

And despite the millions of dollars worth of cars, the dog appears unimpressed. :)

Current time is 05:21 am  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Miscellaneous > Jensen Healeys needed at St Regis, Dana Point Car Event, Sunday Oct. 4 Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems