Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Brakes > volvo twin piston calipers & master cylinder

Moderated by: Greg Fletcher Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2   
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
volvo twin piston calipers & master cylinder  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: 02-04-2010 01:35 am
  PM Quote Reply
21st Post
JHRV8

Volvo uses two proportioning valves in its stock duel-diagional braking system. I used adjustable proportioning valves from wilwood.... JHRV8

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 01-18-2011 01:46 am
  PM Quote Reply
22nd Post
CarlosThe Jacker

Hi,

New to this board, former 240 owner, replaced nearly everything on mine at some point during our "relationship".

If you use the 240 caliper, try Repco semi-metal pads, Rusty at RPR in California should have them if eBay doesn't. Volvo also sells crappy pad sets that come with some useful anti-squeal devices, the pads won't last long and will turn everything black, but the devices are worth having. If you can use a Volvo-spec rotor, consider the ATE "atomic" ones, atomic because they have electron-orbit ventilation grooves in them, they hold up very well.

240's have a godawful octopus-like gadget that proportions and warns if there's a leak, it has something like 8 lines hooked to it, lives at the base of the firewall. Use anything else for a junction, the things often develop leaks, usually blowing out the warning switch. What a PITA it is to replace and then bleed all those lines! Or you could plug the switch hole with something like JB Weld.

That said, I had a wagon with lots of tools and other stuff in it, lived at the low end of a 12.5% grade, could go blazing down it and come to a quick halt for my turn at the bottom. Damned good brakes when they are right and have good pads. The atomic rotors never warped under my punishment.

Looking forward to picking up my JH and being a part of this group, will probably end up doing the brake conversion myself someday.

Carl

Posted: 01-18-2011 02:39 am
  PM Quote Reply
23rd Post
JodyKerr

Carl,

Welcome to the club! Let us know when you pick up your JH.

Jody

Current time is 10:41 am Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2     
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Brakes > volvo twin piston calipers & master cylinder Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems