Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Cooling > Where are the vent hose outlets on the heater

Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Where are the vent hose outlets on the heater  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: 09-05-2009 01:28 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
dthewlis

I acquired 19299 about 2 years ago from the P.O. who was in Southern California.  It looks as though the car was fairly apart and then put together rapidly to sell.  As a consequence at least one heater hose is missing and at least one not connected.  My problem is trying to understand where the outlets the hoses connect to really are.

I would like to avoid pulling the console and dash completely apart, so I'm trying to figure out where the outlets are from the picture of the heater on page H2 of the Parts Catalogue Supplement.  It looks as though the outlet for the "far vent" has been moved to the right side of the heater from the left (because the "far vent" is now on the far right of the cockpit). 

But I cannot figure out where the outlet for the "near vent" is - the one in the middle of the cockpit which serves the driver.  The outlet is not shown in the illustration and I cannot find it from what I can see of the heater from the passenger footwell. 

Can someone explain this to me or is there a decent picture of the heater showing the hose outlets anywhere?  Unfortunately there is no other JH within 200 miles of me so I can't go and look at one very readily.

Thanks!

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 09-05-2009 02:02 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Art DeKneef

If I understand you correctly, you want to know where the outlet for the flexible hose starts. Does this picture help?

The hoses come from the heater which is behind the center console. It might be accessible if you can move the console out of the way some.

Art

Attachment: JH heater.jpg (Downloaded 61 times)

Posted: 09-05-2009 02:17 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
JodyKerr

Here's more than you probably ever wanted to know about the heater assembly:

http://www.theymightberacing.com/Projects/FrameOff/JH74G/HeaterAssemblyRestoration.aspx

Jody

Posted: 09-06-2009 05:56 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
dthewlis

Thanks for the picture, Art.  This is the front of the heater, right?  I.e. what faces you as you sit in the car (behind the console).  The two outletss on the front are for the demister vent hoses.  What I was trying to figure out is where the outlets were for the regular heater vents.  One is certainly on the right side of the heater (looking from the front) and I assumed that was for the far right vent.  What I couldn't figure out is where the outlet was for the vent in the middle of the dash. 

Unfortunately it looks as though it is on the left side of the heater; I say unfortunately because that is very hard to get to without pulling the console and possibly half the stuff behind the dash.

Posted: 09-06-2009 05:59 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
dthewlis

Jody, Thanks for the info on the heater.  The pictures of it seem to confirm that the outlets for the heater vents are on either side, and the outlets for the demister vents are on the front.  I said "unfortunately" in my other reply because it is going to be pretty nasty trying to get to that side of the heater. 

Posted: 09-07-2009 03:01 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
dthewlis

To finish the subject:  actually getting the duct hose from the center vent to the outlet on the left side of the heater wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be -- once I'd pulled the center console. 

Dave Thewlis

Posted: 09-10-2012 07:26 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
redracer

Jody: finally got logged into the JHPS web forum, something I should have done long ago; very impressed with your "HEATER BOX" videos--nice job.

Current time is 02:20 pm  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Cooling > Where are the vent hose outlets on the heater Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems