Home 
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Projects > new to Jensen Healys and the forum

Moderated by: Greg Fletcher  
AuthorPost
k2enemy84

Hello everyone, my name is Brack. I'm 24 and I live in Fredericksburg, Virginia. I recently in herited a 1973 Jensen Healey. The car sat for 7 years, neglected by my step-dad after he got his porsche. Well, he recently passed away and I'm left with a nice car that needs some TLC. All in all the car is in good shape. The body needs to be sprayed, but its not that bad. The interior is faded from being outside for 7 years but is complete and intact.  I crawled under the dash and it honestly looks like a new car under there. There were a few wired not connected and some random scotch tabs and jerry-riggery, but I think I figured it all out and made permanent connections.  The fuel tank was rusted pretty bad. After getting all the rust out that I could get to, I had the tank blasted which produced small holes in the bottom of the tank, after filling the holes, it has a fresh coat of paint and is back in the car. The engine is the standard Lotus 907 but has the Dellorto carb conversion..glad I didn't have to pay for that! The carbs were installed about the time my dad lost interest so they were never synched. The engine will turn over but will not start. I put a new battery in it and sanded the point, but I'm going to have a mechanic pal look at with me tom..well in 8 hrs. It has 7934 origianl miles as confirmed by records. There isn't anything that absolutely requires major attention at this point from what I can tell, but I do Jeeps, not British cars. So I'm sure you'll be seeing a lot of dumb questions posted by me, but feel free to get me on track. Thanks in advance, Brack

Attachment: 07030915431.JPG (Downloaded 146 times)

jcdean

Nice looking car.  That is also the lowest mile JH I have ever heard of.

frank12873

Hi Brack,

We are practically neighbors; I commute through Fredericksburg every working day. I am the owner of JH 12873, which I use as my weekend driver. 

I will tell you there is a great British car mechanic right in Fredericksburg, Garland Gentry of Classic Car Center, Inc. I don't think he is exactly a fan of the Jensen Healey, but he did a thorough pre-purchase inspection on mine (over 5 years ago now!) and got all the lights working, did the brakes, etc; he did a fine job in my opinion, for a reasonable price. I wanted a professional mechanic to go through the car when I bought it to make sure it was safe. I have been able to maintain it on my own since then. Garland has expanded into the repair/restoration of domestic classics and musclecars, but is still the go-to guy in our area for British cars. You will enjoy just seeing his shop, with its wonderful collection of foreign and domestic classic cars.

I'd be happy to render whatever assistance I can as you revive your Jensen Healey. Send me an e-mail off-forum (frank.fragale@ihrco.com) if you'd like to get together!  

k2enemy84

Well howdy neighbor! I heard about that place last week, haven't had a chance to check em out yet. I'll certainly let you know if I have any questions! Thanks

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems