Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
FNG question  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: 07-29-2009 03:45 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
k2enemy84

I recently inherited a 73 JH cabrio.  Now the q I have is this...the light switch was taken out some time ago for someone who needed one or something..anyhow, there was a NIB light switch in the trunk which I installed today. Everything works fine except the front side markers. After figuring out which wires were which..they all had extensions on them that were the same color, I have this in this order going up..bottom clicked in...all off...2nd click...dash lights...3rd click...everything excpet the forementioned markers. The instructions said "parking lights" but they only come on when all others are on..is this normal or am I not getting something with the parking lights?

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 07-29-2009 12:59 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Brett Gibson JH5 20497

Parking lights should come on when you second and third click, check for a good ground, that is usually the culprit or just a bad bulb first.

And welcome to the group, these cars are a blast.

Brett

Posted: 07-30-2009 02:03 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
k2enemy84

OK, new question, I have no power at the fuel pump. I traced the wire back to under the seat before it was closing time, I found that the blue wrap had melted and some of the wires were stuck together like something had blown. Careful inspection showed no exposed wires, should this section be replaced still? Second, if that doesn't work, where does the lead for the fuel pump connect? to the ignition? or?

Last edited on 07-31-2009 04:28 am by k2enemy84

Posted: 07-31-2009 03:57 am
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Art DeKneef

Try going here at look at the different parts of the wiring diagram John has done. That should help you with identifying all the wires.

http://home.comcast.net/~jrkengr2/html/wiring.html

Posted: 07-31-2009 01:01 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
Brett Gibson JH5 20497

Check the continuety of the wires that have melted, making sure that they are not shorted, power for the fuel pump comes from a power on when ignition is on, keyed.

Sounds like you might have to do alot of tracing your wires out, check and clean the connections, besides emory cloth to do this I also use metal prep acid,(phosphoric) not sure of the dilution, but I dip the conections in it then wash with water, leaves them like new, plus alitlle dielectic (?) grease and your good for years.

Brett

Posted: 08-30-2009 04:33 am
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
k2enemy84

OK..the issue was the pump, but oddly the multimeter showed almost no voltage at the pump, but when I hooked up the new one, it is fine, good pressure at the dellortos and all

Current time is 05:13 am  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Electrical & Instruments > FNG question Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems