Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Engine & Transmission > W58 rear transmission mount

Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
W58 rear transmission mount  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: 07-15-2009 02:34 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
jdenglish

Group
Colin strikes again,
The CC supplied rear mount is not even close.  It's dimensionally too small and the hole pattern is wrong as well.  The design goes straight across . Can the original drop cross support be used with the Toyota mount without creating an undesirable angle to the rear end?
Thanks,
John

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 07-15-2009 08:21 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Judson Manning

John,

You actually don't want everything in the powertrain lined-up perfectly.  Sounds strange, yes, but a little out-of-line wobble is necessary to keep the bearings in the driveshaft rotating.  So don't worry about getting things 'perfect'.

With my W58 conversion I had to fabricate maybe a 4"-6" long boxed cantilevered piece of steel to span between the stock JH trans mount and the W58 mount.  If you have access to a MIG welder, etc. it's not difficult, just time consuming.  Mine's been in place for about 5 years now so I can't complain.

Judson

Posted: 07-15-2009 10:41 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
jdenglish

Judson,
Maybe with some luck it will all drop into place similar to what Erik Harkes has a picture of in the JHPPG site
Thanks,
John

Current time is 08:24 pm  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Engine & Transmission > W58 rear transmission mount Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems