Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Clutch Cable  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: 06-30-2009 01:43 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Brett Gibson JH5 20497

After a very nice Sunday drive with the Wife and dog, and checking out the car for the upcoming PA event I pulled into the drive way to let them out before heading off to where I store the car, going to leave I depressed the clutch pedal to hear a bam !! then felt the pedal itself without tension, "busted clutch cable". Bad luck with that but good luck it was in my drive way, so went about replacing it taking the one off my project car, it's a four speed and mines a five speed but no differance in the cables, the biggest issue was working under the dash to get that #%*@ pin back in the end if the cable attachment, but eventually did, and all is well agian.

Which brings me to my question, here I have a prefectly good outer cable and by itself probably is the most expensive part of the unit, "$75.00 @ Delta for a new complete one" the inner cable which busted right at the pedal connection and cant be worth more than $5 or $10.

Does any one know of a  person or company that can given the outer cable make a replacement inner cable, or even a do it yourself repair cable kit, all it needs is to get the ball end attached back on, I just hate to toss it out it seem's like such a waste, maybe I should contact Jim @ Delta and see if they do clutch cable cores, there really is some expense involved in making this thing.

Well let me know, Thanks   Brett.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 07-01-2009 12:29 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
dwalls1

Many motorcycle shops and small engine or lawnmower shops have a solder pot and brass fittings to custom make cables. It might be worth a phone call or two. Good Luck

Posted: 07-02-2009 01:28 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Brett Gibson JH5 20497

Thanks for the tip on MC shops that makes alot of sense, I'l have to ask my neighbor he does sales for Drag Specialties and visit's all the shops in the area, I'm sure he can point me to one that has the equipment. I'l let you know how I make out and if it's worth the trouble.

Brett 

Current time is 05:58 pm  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Engine & Transmission > Clutch Cable Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems