Home 
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Engine & Transmission > Engine & transmission need to go back where they came from

Moderated by: Greg Fletcher  
AuthorPost
jdenglish

Group,
It's nearing the time when the power assembly with a W58 tansmission has to be installed.  From what I can understand from the forum is that if I remove the sub-frame (4-bolts) and lift the body, I can mount the engine with the headers installed and transmission on the sub frame then drop the body back in place. Ezee Breezy you say?  Insights greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
John English
JH5 20175
Richmond, CA
P.S. Which end of the steering shaft mounts to the fire wall?  One end of my shaft has an off setting bend.

Mitch Ware

It really is very simple. tires on and a floor jack under the back of the tranny. roll it into position and lower the car down. hardest part was squeezing the bushings in between the frame rails.

Attachment: tn_Install Engine 003.JPG (Downloaded 146 times)

Harkes

It is as Mitch said. As inspired as i was by Mitch's work, i did the very same trick and i must say it was quite easy.

good luck

Erik

Brett Gibson JH5 20497

John, off set towards the fire wall, and have to agree with Mitch, not much to putting things back but it does get easier if you have a second set of hands to help align those frame bushings.

Brett

jdenglish

Looks as if a bridge crane or a fork lift would be the most painless.  Can't quite envision the placements of a typical engine hoist(s) without the legs giving some real heartburn.

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems