Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Project finished at last  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: 06-18-2009 07:32 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
WijnandMetz

After ten years of not running the car, restoration is finally completed. The restoration itself did not took the whole the years though, but other reasons like moving house, too busy at work, lack of inspiration and many others took me from working on it, but I managed now.

The results however are quite stunning, not only the looks are better then ever but also the driving. Stiffening the chassis rails as well as fitting a five speed gearbox and upgrade the engine to a 2.2 stroker with 45 dell'orto's, 107 cams and higher compression JE pistons make it much more fun to drive.

The results can be found on the Gallary pages:

http://jhppg.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=35675

Happy motoring,

Wijnand Metz, Netherlands

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 06-18-2009 10:57 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Dakota123

Very nice work indeed. Thank you for sharing. Gives me added incentive to get back to work on mine.

Mike

Posted: 06-19-2009 02:43 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
dwalls1

Very very nice. I really like the Lotus valve covers. Beautiful back drops, too. Thanks for sharing.

Posted: 06-21-2009 11:40 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Jensenman

My, but that's pretty. Very nice work!

Posted: 06-22-2009 07:19 am
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
Harkes

Hoi Wijnand,

your car turned out really nice! Great job.

apart from the fact that mine is malaga blue and the panasport wheels, i noticed many similar upgrades. lotus 910 head mated to an 907 block, big brakes, etc..

Did you do the engine yourself? I must say that the panasports do the car justice. I was wondering what size they are.. 14" or 15". Did you source those from Piet Mozes in NL?

BTW if you are ever in the area of Warmond (near Leiden), let me know and do stop by.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Erik Harkes 

Posted: 06-22-2009 07:52 am
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
WijnandMetz

Hallo Erik,

There some similar upgrades indeed, as they are in some way a logical way to go when trying to upgrade a JH. As a matter of fact I have brought some parts like JE pistons and aluminium flywheel from the States myself, in 2003.

About the cilinder head, its the original JH 2 ltr cilinderhead which I had on the car already before the major overhaul, to prevent the nasty oil leaks from the cam covers I had gotten hold of a set of Lotus HC cam carriers in 1995 already. Got a pair of 107 camsahfts fitted in them, with 45 Dell's which work much better with the higher compression (9.5:1) and stroker crank.

The wheels are Panasports 14"x 6"with 195/60/40 Bridgestones which have a very similar circumference as the standard 185/70/13's I had them shipped from Delta which came in much cheaper then buying them from Mozes at that time.

Warmond is not directly my area as I am living down east (Arnhem) which is a great area for touring around. If I am in your neighborhood, will give a hint.

BTW when is your Shark hitting the road already or are you yet to finish the project?

Groeten,

Wijnand

Last edited on 06-22-2009 07:55 am by WijnandMetz

Posted: 06-22-2009 10:08 am
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
Harkes

Hoi Wijnand,

The Shark is indeed on the road after i put in new carpet in the interior & trunk and a new madera dash last winter (still need to make picturese of this). Still braking it in. Just reached 1000 km.. so almost time for a fine tune on a rolling dyno.

Exterior wise i need to do some work on the sills and bumpers which have always been slightly dented. It will look so much better with straight shiny bumpers, but i can't push myself yet to pay for these.

The HC cam carriers indeed do make a lot of sense (no more oill leaks) and to have "Lotus" on them, to me, feels correct.

i do love your panasport wheels. Makes the car look better/classier then with the originals, but of course also this is a matter of taste. When the dollar hits 1.60 or over then i will seriously consider sourcing them from Delta too.

would be fun if your anywhere near with your JH

cheers

Erik

Posted: 06-23-2009 12:21 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
chrisl

Wijnand

Your car looks amazing. That is one of the best engine bays I have seen.

I like the 'custom' brake calipers.  Is that the JHPS logo on them?

Chris L

Posted: 06-23-2009 02:42 pm
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
WijnandMetz

Yes indeed they are the JHPS Jenspeed big brake update, way to go for stopping power as well as looks

Current time is 06:44 am  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Projects > Project finished at last Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems