Home 
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Suspension > Front engine mounts

Moderated by: Greg Fletcher  
AuthorPost
jdenglish

Good morning all,
I was not present when the engine was removed from '75JH5-20175 and am having a little trouble identifying all the bits.  Neither the workshop manual or the parts catalogue have an exploded view of the front motor mounts and the attachment hardware.
Thanks in advance for your help,
John

JodyKerr

Motor mounts are on diagram 549 (page A26) of the parts catalog (plate refs 27 - 33)

Suspension mount point is on diagram 501 (page E2) of the parts catalog (plate ref 3).

Rear dogbone mount is on diagram 529 (page B2) of the parts catalog (plate ref 17-21)

If you want I can take a couple pictures of my JH, it's dirty and greasy, but it's correct.

Jody

John Finch

I've attached a pix of the front passenger side installed by the PO. Hope this helps some.

John

Attachment: engine_bottom.jpg (Downloaded 107 times)

Brett Gibson JH5 20497

John, I have a couple of pictures that show the motor mounts one either side, not sure how to post a picture on the boards but would be happy to e-mail them to you if needed.

Brett

jdenglish

John,
That's the logical set up but I have 2 additional 1/4" plate formed brackets that go somewhere between the mount's.  I'll post some pic's next week

jdenglish

The help screen does not include tips on attaching photos.
Is there an easy way to resize pictures?  Any way here's the wanky unidentifiable bits. There are welded bosses that either align or restrain.  It's just enough of a rubik's cube to  confound my senses.

Attachment: JH motor mount1 023.jpg (Downloaded 76 times)

Art DeKneef

Attached is a photo of the engine with the mounts attached to the front frame. Hopefully you can figure out where they go.

Art

Attachment: motormounts.jpg (Downloaded 121 times)

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems