Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Body & interior stuff > Tonneau Cover - Do-It-Myself

Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Tonneau Cover - Do-It-Myself  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: 06-01-2009 02:49 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
marvinm

In addition to amateur mechanic, amateur electrician, and amateur aluminum polisher, I'm also an amateur seamstress (seamster???). Had success making the convertible top for my Spitfire (without rear window...who drives with the top up?) and was going to attempt the tonneau cover for the "new" J-H.

Anyone have a photo of the right or left (or both if different) front corners of the tonneau cover?  I'm most interested in the fitment of windshield to corner and (likely) extension once you get past triangle window to reach snaps on outside of door.

Ideal photo would go front center to right/left behind corner window.

MarvinM - 10927

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 06-01-2009 01:21 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Brett Gibson JH5 20497

Marvin,

I have an old one with a few issues, just needs some TLC. I picked it up in a grab bag on E-bay, I'll never use it so, it's yours if you want it, even has the roll bar cut outs with velcro fasterns.

If your going to the Jensen Show in PA I'll bring it along, I'd rather not ship it.

Brett

Posted: 06-06-2009 04:40 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
marvinm

As much as I'd love to see other J-H's (I've actually only ever seen one in person), I won't be able to make it to PA for the event. My wife had surgery last week to remove cancer from her breast (luckily caught early) and will begin chemo soon. She'd kill me if I ran off to PA.

If willing to ship, at all, let me know. I don't mind blindly sending a check to you before shipping to cover the cost and trouble.

MarvinM - 10927

Posted: 06-06-2009 02:26 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Brett Gibson JH5 20497

Marvin, send my your address and I'll ship it to you, if you want to reimburse me after youve seen it then send me a check.

Sorry to hear about your Wife, hope things work out well for you both, and staying by her during this difficult time is the proper thing, so hopefully another time to meet.

Good luck. Brett

Posted: 06-29-2009 12:27 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
Brett Gibson JH5 20497

Well, you should of got it by now, probably make a good template right ???

Brett

Posted: 06-29-2009 12:39 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
marvinm

Got it. It's incredible how much those things can shrink. It was 6 inches short in either direction, but the direct sun and 104 degree outside temp helped quite a bit. Now that I know what it's "supposed" to look like, I have some creative ideas on improving it, mainly in how if fits over the headrests. I'll have to post pictures once I'm finished. May recreate in a tan color. I think it'll look nice with the red car and not absorb as much heat when driving it with just the driver's side removed.

Thanks,
MarvinM - 10927

Posted: 07-01-2009 12:33 am
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
dwalls1

Folding the seat backs forward greatly facilitates installation.

Posted: 07-01-2009 10:38 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
edward_davis

It also helps to have the seats slid all the way back before you fold them over.

Current time is 08:52 pm  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Body & interior stuff > Tonneau Cover - Do-It-Myself Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems