Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Engine & Transmission > Mounts a 907 lotus engine in my jensen healey

Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Mounts a 907 lotus engine in my jensen healey  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: 05-13-2009 01:53 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
77sito

Hi, I'm restoring a Jensen Healey, in Spain, Vin 19868. I have some problems to end it, because I have a lot of pipes I don't know where are conected. Anyone can send me at my email account or show any picture of the engines conexions have this engine?

I have the strombergs carbs.

I try to reinstall a heater vacuum valve, I have the switch is on the heater air assy, and this switch have two littles pipes. One of this are conected at the heater vacuum valve, but the other one, anyone know where is conected.

Sorry for the stupid question, but I find all this pipes removed when I buy this car and I don't find any manual which expalin this conexions.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 05-13-2009 06:10 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
subwoofer

On mine, the other vacuum tube went to a T piece in the line between the inlet manifold and the brake booster.

I have removed and plugged it, stopping as many vacuum leaks as I can, and replaced the (leaky) vacuum operated valve with a piece of straight tubing.

--
Joachim

Posted: 05-14-2009 12:16 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
dwalls1

Once I figured out what the vacuum valve really did, which is nothing really except be a bug a boo, I removed it as did Joachim. I did replace it with a common household plumbing ball valve that I can turn off in the summer, but that is optional.

If you have air conditioning that works then the vacuum valve may serve a purpose, but barring that, it is useless.

Posted: 05-16-2009 11:10 am
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
77sito

Thanks for your recomended, but I pay the new heater vacuum valve and for this time I try to make the original heater system. Anyone knows where are conected each pipe? I have two exists in the heater assy and two pipes go out, one at the vacuum valve and other at the "T" part is on the heater sensor is on the inlet manifold., My question is, where are conected each pipe, anyone have any picture of this conexion or any draw?

By the other hand, I have a strombergs carbs and I have a lot of pipes but I don't know where are conected exactly, anyone have pictures of the original conexions?

The same problem have with the pipes conected the engine, the heater core, the engine breather, the brake booster....all the pipes. I'm sorry but I'm a little stupid in the mechanic world and I don't understand much about this engine. The engines is problably have fire and all the conexion when I buy the are conected by a unexpert mechanic. I see the conexion in my old pictures and I'm not sure the cars starts with this pipes and conexions.

If anyone can help me with pictures...a pictures is better than a thousand words, and for me is better better.

Thanks for all this jensenmaniacs and I stay alert for your questions.

Posted: 05-17-2009 05:36 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
dwalls1

The small vacuum line makes a loop from the T to the little valve on the side of the heater box and back to the vacuum operated coolant valve on the cam cover. The little valve is open except when closed by the dash lever on cold. The coolant valve is supposed to be open anytime the engine is running and providing vacuum to it. I can't be much help on the other vacuum lines, except that the largest one goes to the brake booster, and has the T to the heater box.

Posted: 06-22-2009 09:08 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
Jensenman

The two small lines are vacuum lines to the heater controls and are 1) a supply which connects to the intake manifold and 2) the other goes to the valve. It should make no difference which one goes where, AFAIK.

The large coolant hoses: one comes from the top radiator hose 'tee', then to the valve. From the valve it goes to the heater core nipple (again either one) then the other hose from the heater core goes to the rear of the intake manifold.

Current time is 04:01 pm  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Engine & Transmission > Mounts a 907 lotus engine in my jensen healey Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems