Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Online bolt source  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: 03-31-2009 04:57 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
jcdean

Redoing a convertible top frame that is missing some bolts/nuts.

1.  Anyone know the size/thread of the bolts and

2.  Anyone suggest a good online source for harware?

Thanks,

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 03-31-2009 05:11 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Jensenman

Sorry, don't know the thread size. McMaster-Carr has a HUGE selection of small bushings, shoulder bolts etc. http://www.mcmaster.com/

Last edited on 03-31-2009 05:11 pm by Jensenman

Posted: 04-01-2009 01:29 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
colinw59

Almost all threads on the JH, or any english car of this era for that matter, are NF (UNF in the UK) which are fine threads, with rare exception. The engine however is all metric! Due to the fact that it's a Lotus unit, and they had converted to metric ealier than Jensen did. I usualy get my hardare from the Home Depot, ACE or True Value. The later two have stainless steel bolts & screws. They all have a faily extensive range of nuts and bolts, including NC, NF and metric. Good luck, Colin

Posted: 04-01-2009 04:02 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Jim Ketcham

I compiled a list of all hardware sizes etc. with reference to their respective part numbers in the JH parts manual several years ago when I did my rebuilds.  I replaced my hardware with stainless where strength/hardness permitted.  It is in MS Excel format so I cannot attach the file here, but would be happy to email to you.

Jim

Posted: 04-01-2009 04:31 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
JodyFKerr

A lot of the bolt sizing information is also in my parts catalog database (I believ Jim actually supplied me with the information).

http://www.theymightberacing.com/PartsCatalog/PartsCatalog.aspx

You just need to enter your vin#, engine# and a couple other items and it will provide you with a customized parts inventory based explicitly on your car (I accounted for all the variations of parts across the life of the car).

Here's a shortcut directly to the soft top. I don't see bolt sizes there. Let me double check the database to see if they're in there.

http://www.theymightberacing.com/PartsCatalog/PartsCatalog.aspx?ComponentID=10&AssemblyID=52&E=7765&C=14291&T=1&F=1

Posted: 05-09-2009 04:23 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
Jim DeClerck

Jim,

I  would like to download that bolt/nut, etc., spreadsheet.  Please send it to jfdecl@yahoo.com.  Thanks.  Hoping the listing includes the hex oil sump plug head size.  Vin. 14482, if that is significant.

Current time is 07:39 am  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Body & interior stuff > Online bolt source Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems