Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Suspension > Front Spring Specifications?

Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Front Spring Specifications?  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: 11-09-2008 04:20 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Triplesn8s

I got rid of the body shell and will be ebaying some very nice doors and boot lid.  I took some apparently aftermarket swaybars off the car for ebay and was considering putting the springs on too but only if they were aftermarket performance springs.  I don't have stock front springs for comparison so if anyone can tell me what stock springs measure I would appreciate it.

The front springs I have have a free length of exactly 11 inches (27.9cm) and a wire diameter of .520" (13.2mm).  I did not check the wound diameter of the spring itself.  Can anyone tell me if these are stock or not?

TIA,

Bill

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 11-09-2008 08:16 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Art DeKneef

Your measurements pretty much match what I have for front springs which I have loose. They came off of a stock car. More than likely you have stock springs also.

Delta sells an uprated stiffer spring and I think there was a comparison between it and a stock spring either in the club magazine or one of the threads here on the board.

Art

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

Current time is 06:17 pm  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Suspension > Front Spring Specifications? Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems