New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Vin Plate & Title  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: 10-23-2008 01:17 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Triplesn8s

Hi All,

When I scrap out the race car shell this weekend I will have a VIN plate and Ohio title to put on ebay or if it fails to sell there offer to the forum & British Steel List.    Please let me know if you need one.  I will notarize it into your name as a 'gift' at no value so it is valid for you.

TIA,

Bill

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 10-23-2008 10:32 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Brett Gibson JH5 20497

Would'nt you need the Vin plate off the dash, front left corner, door plate, and under hood plate, and lets not forget the vin that is stamped into the frame left side of engine bay. Not that any DMV would know were most are.

This is the first time I have seen anyone offer this kind of thing and it makes me wonder why anyone would need or want it, unless of course my car was stolen and the thieve needed to change the vin over ......... my mind wanders, I'm sure no one would do such a thing.

Brett

Posted: 10-23-2008 04:02 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Jensen Healey
Super Moderator

If you have a Ferrari GTO vin# you can rebuild the rest of the car and it is still that GTO. I'm not sure there's any market for a JH vin# for legal use. Buuut, with the 1976 California smog cutoff date, that vin on a GT... No, just joking. ;-)

Posted: 10-24-2008 03:37 am
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Triplesn8s

If you have every bought a car with no title from an estate or similar circumstance or lost a title for a car that you had never  transferred into your name you can spend a few hundred dollars, and a similar number of hours and still not get it straightened out.  Then what do you do with your legally acquired car?  The laws vary state by state.

Once I almost bought a really nice GT6+ from a guy just divorced.  He had been awarded the car in the settlement.  But... the car was titled in her name (or jointly).  His ex wouldn't give it to him, no how no way, even though the car was his according to the settlement.

Now if I had a spare title and VIN tag I could have bought a really sweet GT+.

Possession is 9/10's of the law.

Current time is 05:44 am  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > VIN Database for Jensen Healey & Jensen GT > Vin Plate & Title Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems