Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Trim fasteners  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: 10-12-2008 05:22 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
JodyFKerr

Many parts for the Jensen Healey are no longer available, and it becomes an exercise in engineering and design to fabricate new parts. Recently I was attempting to reattach the external stainless trim on the green Jensen Healey and realized that I just didn't have enough usable trim fasteners. This is also tru for the door panel trim and the door trim. So, I opted to make new ones. To learn how to make your own read the following article: Fabricating trim fasteners for the Jensen Healey.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 10-13-2008 02:37 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
jcdean

Nice how-to.  It is appreciated.

Joey

Posted: 10-18-2008 02:15 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Gary Martin JH 15371

I am just discovering this as well. My JH was just painted, and I'm currently re-assembling the car. I ordered new outer window rubber weatherstrip from Delta. Nice stuff, just like original. But the clips they send with it are WAY too narrow. The clips will barly go over the lip of the weatherstrip, let alone the weatherstrip AND the metal lip inside the door. The orignal clips, which I managed to save a few, are wider. On the chrome trim piece on top of door next to the weather strip, has plastic rods and round metal clips. Delta told me these are not available. I can't re-use the originals as they disinegrate when taking apart.  Also on the rear chrome trim for the trunk lid, original was two stud plates at the ends, then 6 or 7 plastic clips for the rest. I asked Delta to send me these. The stud plates they sent are fine, but no plastic clips like original. Instead they sent these metal spring clips that look WAY too large and would never work unless you drilled the holes out much larger. I think I will just use more stud plates for the rear trim. Anyone know a good source for JH auto clips? Gary

Last edited on 10-18-2008 02:17 am by Gary Martin JH 15371

Posted: 10-18-2008 02:25 am
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
JodyFKerr

Gary,

That's why I came up with these fasteners. While it doesn't solve the problem of the outer weather strip (I've not needed to look into that yet, maybe in a couple months).  If you look into the artile, the metal pieces will work to hold down the rear trim as well as the upper door trim. It's a little tricky getting the nut up in the door, but it works well.

Cheers!

Jody

Current time is 02:54 pm  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Body & interior stuff > Trim fasteners Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems