Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Miscellaneous > Jensen Healey Race Tub Available to Home...

Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Jensen Healey Race Tub Available to Home...  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: 08-19-2008 11:24 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Ron Earp

I'm strippping my Jensen Healey down this week and removing pretty much everything I can re-cycle into another project car.  I'm also removing the engine, transmission, windsheild, and so on for sale later - anything race related or that I put on as new such as the brake calipers for instance.

What will be left will be a Jensen Healey tub that is fully caged and logbooked for SCCA racing. This is a pretty big deal if you understand the "building a race car process" as the cage and logbook are essentially the car.

At any rate, the tub with good hood, good doors, good trunk, and suspension will be available to take away. The suspension has all new bushings and ball joints - you could take the arms off this can and have a nice new suspension. 

Car will probably be rolling on stock JH wheels with race rubber, but it might be on moving dollies. Depends on how ambitious I get with stripping.

I'd promised to give the tub to Judson Manning for his Prod car project but I'm up against the wall here - I have to get this thing stripped and out of my garage this weekend (we might be able to move it to a holding location for a few days). I've tried contacting Judson over the last few days but he has a new baby and is MIA. Anyone in contact with Judson please pass on the message. He has first rights but time is short.

Bottom line is I've got another car coming in and this one needs to disappear to keep the Minister of Domestic Affairs happy. The "new" car is coming in faster than anticipated due to the car transport company being ahead of schedule.

As a last resort, and I do mean last resort, we'll have the scrap yard take it away. I'll exhaust all other possibilities such as giving it away to other racers, putting it on other car forums as a project car, and so on before doing that. The cage was over $1700 and is EXTREMELY well done. If you'd like to contribute some money to me for having the car, by all means do, but it is not manditory.

Greg, sorry for posting this here but I'm hoping to reach some folks that might put this thing to use before it ends up out of the Jensen "family" or worse in the crusher.

Thanks,
Ron

Car looks like this:

Last edited on 08-19-2008 01:19 pm by Ron Earp

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 08-19-2008 08:56 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Jensenman

Ron, I will come get that car this Saturday. I can be reached on my cell at 843-270-2151. I am in Charleston, South Carolina. You can also Email me at 1974jh5@comcast.net or thumperman@comcast.net

Posted: 08-20-2008 12:43 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Ron Earp

Hi Mike,

The tub is yours, Judson said his hands are full!! I'll give you a call.

Ron

Posted: 08-20-2008 01:53 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Jensenman

Thanks, Ron. I'll be on the road Saturday morning!

Mike

Posted: 08-28-2008 08:13 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
Jensenman

This car is now in Charleston, SC and will become a Modified class Solo I and hillclimb car. As projects are completed, I'll post pics etc. Thanks again to Ron for making this long term dream become a reality!

Posted: 08-28-2008 09:12 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
Jensen Healey
Super Moderator

Congrats on the acquisition and many thanks to Ron Earp for his time and energy spent sharing his experiences with us all. This is a tech forum and who better than a racer to find something new to add to the dialog!

Keep us posted Mike,

Kurt Housh

JH 13148 (Gearing up for the drive to the West Coast Nationals!)

Posted: 09-30-2008 12:20 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
Jensenman

Quick update on this project as of 9/30/08: it's going Mazda rotary power. It will be a fuel injected S5 13B from a 1990 RX7, I have already bought the donor car. This is a naturally aspirated motor which will make approximately 185 HP, future plans include a TII turbo motor with approximately 240 HP once the suspension is sorted out.

I am adapting Mazda Miata front knuckles and hubs, that's about 50% completed and I am taking lots of pics.

The rear axle will be a narrowed RX7 GSL limited slip with disc brakes and a 3 link with Panhard bar. I'll be narrowing the axle myself, again I'll take pics.

I am going with QA1 adjustable coilovers on all 4 corners. I'm starting with single adjustables, if I like them a lot I will probably upgrade to double adjustables. BTW, these can be used with the stock springs as well (i.e. as non-coilovers). Starting spring rates are 550 inch pound front and 225 inch pound rear.

Wheels will be 13x10 Bassett steels with 22x10x13 Hoosier bias ply road race slicks. It looks like the backspacing will be around 5 to 5 1/2 inches, that really depends on a couple of possible clearance issues I can't address until the Miata knuckle swap is completed.

I still have to repair the tranny tunnel damage, but there's no sense in doing that until the motor and tranny are in the car.

Pics will be posted once I get some stuff sorted out!

Posted: 10-19-2008 11:11 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
Jensenman

As of Oct. 18, the front suspension is about 80% completed. I still have to narrow the RX7 rear axle and then begin the 13B swap. I have the wheels and tires, decided I'd see what it looks like. This *might* be enough tire.

Yeah, it's going to need a little fender trimming. The rear of the front fender is OK, but the front will touch at full lock.

Last edited on 10-19-2008 11:15 pm by Jensenman

Current time is 05:33 pm  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Miscellaneous > Jensen Healey Race Tub Available to Home... Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems