Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
reversing switch  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: 07-28-2008 03:59 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
dwalls1

This has probably been covered, but can anyone tell me what size socket fits on the back up light switch on top the tranny.  Have disconnected the wires from the switch and tied them together to confirm that the switch is the problem, so now need to remove the switch to repair or replace it. I can feel a hex and assume that it can be screwed out, but not being able to see it and working left handed I can only guess as to the size. I don't find a replacement switch in the Delta catalogue, so am guessing I will have to fix it somehow, once removed. Any thoughts on this are appreciated. Dale

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 07-28-2008 10:42 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Jim Ketcham

A 1-5/16" wrench size fits the reverse switch hex.

Posted: 07-29-2008 03:29 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
dwalls1

Thank You Sir!

Now, to scounge the pawn shops for one. I'm thinking it will require a socket to get at it from underneath. I know Sears will have one, but.  Come to think of it I might be able to borrow one at work. Thanks Again and God Bless, Dale

Posted: 08-09-2008 04:02 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
dwalls1

Got my reversing lights working this AM, replaced the switch with new one from Delta. Old stock switch was indeed  1  5/16" hex. New one from Delta 1 1/16' hex. New one appears to be more substantial. Installed it with the thin washer that was on the old one, seems to be OK. When testing the old one, found that it would work sometimes, kinda. I don't think removing the shim washer would have helped, though I didn't try that.

Current time is 01:53 pm  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Engine & Transmission > reversing switch Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems