Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Body & interior stuff > GT Interior and exterior trim

Moderated by: Greg Fletcher
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
GT Interior and exterior trim  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: 07-05-2008 03:31 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Frank Schwartz

On my son's newly acquired GT, we find the vertical trim pieces on either side of the rear window are plastic and had been chrome plated. We need to remove these and have them re-worked. However, I am reluctant to remove them as, frankly, I do not know how they are attached. Has anyone had experience with this and can tell me how to remove them?

Finally, the headliner needs to be replaced. It appears that the inside roof is coated with rubber and the cloth is glued to it...if this is correct...can anyone please guide me as to replacement cloth or whatever is required..
Thank you.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: 10-04-2008 01:48 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
richbthomas

Hello Frank,
The verticle pieces on the back of the GT. I assume you mean the vent pieces on either side of the rear window. They are simply snapped into position. By gently pushing in with a screwdriver on the sides, top and bottom, you should be able to get them out.
I replaced the headliner in my GT some time ago. I don't remember it being coated with rubber. Even if it is, you should be able to glue new headliner material to it. Rich Thomas

Posted: 10-04-2008 01:51 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
richbthomas

Frank,
Looking at your letter a second time, the rubber you are probably refering to is the backing for the headliner. You need to scrape all that off. The new headliner will have foam rubber already bonded to it. Rich

Posted: 10-05-2008 05:07 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Frank Schwartz

Right:  We are taking out all the interior so we can really get in there and scrape the old rubber off.

On the chrome trim pieces...I found a pair at Appleyards in UK...much cheaper than the minimun 100 buck charge the people here in the US want to replate them

Current time is 03:01 am  
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Body & interior stuff > GT Interior and exterior trim Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems