Home 
> Jensen Healey & Jensen GT Tech > Engine & Transmission > Bellhousing to Engine Bolts

Moderated by: Greg Fletcher  
AuthorPost
Joel

I just got a lift.  A nice little low rise.  Talk about NICE!! Best $$ I've spent in a long time.

Anywho, I crawled underneath to check some stuff out.  And I noticed a loose nut on the bottom of the bell housing.  Well - that's no good I thought. 

Upon closer inspection there are two other bolts that bolt thru flanges on both the tranny and bell housing.  The bolt on one side was loose - really loose, finger loose.  On the other side it was NONEXISTENT!

It looks like there may be two other bolts on either side of the housing that go thru the housing and are threaded into the engine.  These are not there!! Can anyone tell me what size they are?  They look like 1 and 3/4" long by about 1/2" threaded. 

I can call Delta in the morning but if anyone can confirm I'd really appreciate it.  I also have a spare engine and I think a bell housing in my storage that I can go take a look at. 

I've been having some unusual shifting troubles.  Sometimes it's hard to get it to shift into 1st - just feels like something is binding - no grinding.  And shifting into reverse occassionally grinds.  And there's no rhyme or reason. 

I wonder if the whole thing has been moving around a little bit...When I tightened up the one nut I bet it moved 1/8"!!  Scary when you know how I drive this car....

Joel

Delta got me the info.  10mm X 45,60, and 90mm w/ 1.5mm pitch in case anyone is interested.  Picked them up from the shop.  I think I'll use some loctite when I put them on.....

JodyFKerr

Also, I've been updating my parts catalog on my website. It's still not very pretty, but for those known bolts/nuts/washers the "remarks" column has the sizes.

http://www.theymightberacing.com/PartsCatalog/PartsCatalog.aspx

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems